FRP Windscreen Frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I finally got my frp windscreen frame in the cruiser with new windscreen. It's taken ages to get it all done but it was worth the wait. The frame went in with some gentle persuasion and the new windscreen went in no probs. No more rust.

Pic is without the new screen in.

photo-7.jpg

s***ty iPhone pic....

Nice mate
were have u been hiding ,did ya missus ban you from mud

Haha.... nice one Clint. Yeah she gives me hell for getting on mud!!!

Seriously tho. Im working full time and doing a part time uni course so i don't have much time to fix up the cruiser and paying of a house on a single income doesn't leave much cash.

Anyway next mod will be a rear bar with dual wheel carrier or wheel/jerry carrier for cape york/east coast trek. We'll see what happens.

I've just done the same, although I got a Darwin panel beater to do it for me ... $2500 later ... oh well, at least it'll be dry for the next wet season

Hey lowfour is yours a fibreglass frame or steel?

My costs broke down looked like this:
$400 for the frame
$250 for painting
$180 for the new glass

It probably took a day to replace the frame cause I pretty much had to do it twice. I realized after the first install I should of used an adhesive sealant on the bottom seal to keep it all watertight. So i did it agian.

Fibreglass - they told me the surround was $1000, and it was a full day's work to fit it. I think I might have got done, but the leaking was giving me the irrits, so if it's fixed I'm glad. And there were a few bits of metal work needed doing as well.

It sounds legit to me mate. For $1000 yours would be a Toyota factory steel frame. I just got a fiberglass one so it won't rust again and it was cheaper. You should squirt a lanolin based rust inhibitor inside the frame through all the screw and bolt holes you can find. That will stop the rust happening again.

Hi All:

A friend of mine just finished extensive repairs to the (metal) windshield frame on his LJ-73. Badly rusted-out on three of the four corners.. He choose repair because A) replacement 70/75 Series windshield frames are fairly non-existent in North America, and B) he is talented at metal fabrication.

Regards,

Alan

Well I finally got my frp windscreen frame in the cruiser with new windscreen. It's taken ages to get it all done but it was worth the wait. The frame went in with some gentle persuasion and the new windscreen went in no probs. No more rust.

photo-7.jpg

s***ty iPhone pic....
mine to was replaced and after a few weeks the frame started cracked might you know the reason why
PS:my land cruiser LX hzj 75 series has a bullar

photo-7.jpg

s***ty iPhone pic....
Heyboogie just wondering where you got your frp frame from cause I desperately need one many thanks

from everyone I have heard running them, zero issues. I’ve only had my BJ74 running for 4,300 miles less than a year since I bought needing engine rebuild, so no hard bashing yet.

Im pretty sure the windscreen has been on for awhile, as almost all the mods on my BJ74 from
Australia are older.

from everyone I have heard running them, zero issues. I’ve only had my BJ74 running for 4,300 miles less than a year since I bought needing engine rebuild, so no hard bashing yet.

Im pretty sure the windscreen has been on for awhile, as almost all the mods on my BJ74 from
Australia are older.
That's good to hear. Hey thank you guys great community Great communication thank you whole heatedly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom