Frontrunner Slimline II install - leg spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone installed the Frontrunner Slimline II rack recently and did you need the leg spacers? How did it all work out, as I've heard stories of front and back legs still being too short. Funny enough, Frontrunner doesn't directly sell them but they did include two pair in the box. so I'm assuming it's for front and back legs.

I used gamivitti mounts...

I wanted the rack to be as low as possible

Nice, didn't think about that. I have Gamivitti on my 100 where you can adjust the middle leg.

I have installed a few on 80’s. It’s been a few years but iirc I bought the 3” or 4” legs. In fact I recall suing a shorter leg up front vs the rest. They recommend something like a 4” or 5” but when you put those on the rack is pretty high above the roof. That is why I went with selecting legs myself to get the rack sitting as low to the roof as possible.

Cheers

Seems like they may have heard the complaints as they offer a tall and low version, 1" difference in the height.

For anyone else who happens upon this thread, the answer to the original question is yes. Installed one yesterday. 6mm spacers on the front and rear legs, makes them fit almost perfectly (still just a tiny bit of space until you tighten them down, after that they're rock solid).

I used gamivitti mounts...

I wanted the rack to be as low as possible
I'm looking into this because on my LX, the front of the Frontrunner foot is not tall enough, even with the spacer. Do the Gamiviti towers line up with the T-channels on the Frontrunner rack?
Another thing, has anyone had the bolts that hold the Slimline II rack to the feet/rails pull out of the channel? As in, the aluminum is so soft that the nut that sits in the channel gets pulled straight out.

I'm looking into this because on my LX, the front of the Frontrunner foot is not tall enough, even with the spacer. Do the Gamiviti towers line up with the T-channels on the Frontrunner rack?
Another thing, has anyone had the bolts that hold the Slimline II rack to the feet/rails pull out of the channel? As in, the aluminum is so soft that the nut that sits in the channel gets pulled straight out.
You can mount the gamivitti anywhere,so it can line up.

I have not had the bolts rip out.

+1 Gamiviti mounts on a Slimline II

the towers mount to the crossbars, not the outside perimeter, if that is what you are asking. 2 bolts per tower. i have 3 towers on each side.

at the roofs highest point, roughly between the B and C pillars, i can barely slide my hand under the crossbars.

FYI: i have a rack meant for a 60 series, so its a bit wider and longer than the 80 series model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom