front wrap bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Running sua, lots of droop.
2F,H41,3spd.
Broken one front pinion - have decided I really need some sort of wrap control on the front axle.

Can't quite see where/how it's going to fit in there.

Or should I just reangle the pinion, cv driveshaft, and not worry about the sprinngs bending?

Help please!!

Do you know that the pinion busted due to the u-joint binding? Usually a pinion busting is from binding. I could be caused by spring wrap, but check the pinion angle first and see if you can get it back to a decent angle. A CV driveshaft would not help if its due to wraping.

Have you cut and turned your front axle? I know you normally do this for a SOA but maybe with all the lift you have that your pinion angle is just to much. With lifted springs I would expect you not to have axle wrap. Is it a corse spline pinion?

You have longs I know that maybe just the wink link. I would think a front fine spline, a cv joint, and a better pinion angle will fix your problem.

Last edited:
I run a front limit on mine, centered....doesn't effect the aticulation at all, but does stop the center of the axle from drooping more than 2" from ride height.

My coarse spline pinion is "stronger" than the PIG inners apparrently....IMO, pinion angle is your issue, and cut-turn is the correct solution. The limit is a great band-aid tho, and I believe offers other advantages when wheelin too....

Trollhole said:
Have you cut and turned your front axle? I know you normally do this for a SOA but maybe with all the lift you have that your pinion angle is just to much. With lifted springs I would expect you not to have axle wrap. Is it a corse spline pinion?

it's a fine spline pinion. Probl;em occurs on full acticulation, r/h side down, if I get too much traction I get a lot of wrap.

As mentioned, I suspect it needs the cut/turn, was interested if a wrap bar was a possibility or other options.

Sounds like not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom