front windshield wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone anyone has used longer than stock window wiper blades. One part store told me 17 in. on both sides, and another told me 18 in. on both sides. I got the 18's and measured where they wipe and found there is over an inch of clearance, room to stick 19 in. blades. Does anyone know if it is not a wise idea to run longer blades. Do I want to be able to push off snow or? Wantin as much coverage as possible due to our rain here in Paradise, CA. We average 75 inches of rain/year up here at 2500 ft. When it rains, it POURS!!!! For a couple day storm we can get 3 inches of rain!! then it's sunny for a couple of days...I love our four season weather here in Paradise. We also have snow in the moutains for the winter. Just have to head up another 1000 ft, which is about 20 miles to snow wheelin.

Used to run 16" one on my 60. Why you ask would I go SMALLER? Less wiper length means more pressure exerted on the smaller area to keep it clear of mud, bugs, you name it...

Heh, depends on what you're doing, I guess-

sometimes it's nice to have as much clear area as possible,
but in mud, hard rain, high speed, etc, just having SOME clear
is better than all smear!

t

I tried cheap 19 inch blades, and they did not fit well and were not smooth or stable on the windshield so they skipped- mostly because I didn't really know how to mount them properly. There was plenty of clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom