Front windows rattle and off track at the top corner.....just added video to confirm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright screw it, my half banana ass definitely should not be questioning you guys about anything!

New window rubbers on the way....! I will update for the next guy when I'm done....

Can these channel rubbers simply be installed with the windows rolled down all the way, nothing else? Thx.

@COYS the FSM shows the door card removed, but I don't see anything retaining the channel run that would necessitate it. For example, older Jeeps have a screw at the bottom of each side holding the rubber in place. It's been long enough since I replaced my rear channel runs that I don't remember how hard it was.

Updating for the next guy....you had it right fellas, as usual, new runs and no more rattling windows. Also tightened the bolt on the bracket which was kinda loose, it wasn't exposed the first time.

Also found a little cheat for installing the runs, didn't have to take the window off just pulled the ends down with a pair of pliers through the port holes, worked out real easy....

Last edited:
Can these channel rubbers simply be installed with the windows rolled down all the way, nothing else? Thx.
Apparently so, but when I did mine I sure wouldn’t have guessed so.

If you mean without even pulling the door panel, then no.

I've removed the window runs, cleaned, lubed, and replaced without removing the door panels. It's been a while since I completely removed, now I just clean and lube in place. The process I used to intall was something like this:
Lower windows all the way.
Push runs down each side as far as possible.
Raise window to about halfway while holding the runs in place.
Fold runs over top of window and hold in place while lowering window. The runs should move farther down the track.
I may have had to repeat to get the runs all the way to the bottom.
Once the runs are bottomed then the upper section cqan be installed.

This worked for me but then cleaning and lubing works for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom