Front Wheel Spacer Doesn't Fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
charlesandhudson.com
I ordered Bora 1.25" spacers for my 99 LC. They arrived in about 4 weeks as stated and feel and look great after unboxing, but I've run into an issue with installing them.

Starting with the drivers front the first one I put on when smoothly and fit flush. The second wheel spacer on the drivers passenger side sits about 1/4" from the hub. Something is blocking it and it isn't quite clear what it is. I don't see any major damage (just some little nicks) and the wheel fits fine.

I tried this spacer on the driver side and it didn't fit that side either so I figured it was an issue with the spacer which seems highly unlikely considering the build quality and fact that these are built on the same machine to the same specs.

The "good" spacer doesn't work on the passenger side.

Bora is quick to help me out here and send a replacement, but has anyone else ran into this issue? I've never done any adjusting on a hub, is there any way it's misaligned?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to take a photo.

Thanks

Are the nuts holding your hub flange in the way?

Yes, I’ve rotated it to the correct position and the nuts are clearing, but something is preventing it from sitting flush. I’ll try to take a pic today.

Yes, I’ve rotated it to the correct position and the nuts are clearing, but something is preventing it from sitting flush. I’ll try to take a pic today.

My drivers side hub was giving me a similar problem. I used a wire wheel attachment on a drill and cleaned up the hub. It was still slightly binding but i slowly tightened the lugs in a star pattern til it was seated. Took them all off. Pulled the spacer off and could not figure out what was binding in the first place but put it back on and it seated without any binding.

Torqued it all down to spec and i have zero issues at 80mph. Feels stock. Would not even know they were there
372FD4A2-4341-45D4-98DB-3F702040C0FB.jpeg

Whats a spacer thread without pics. 1.25bora^

My drivers side hub was giving me a similar problem. I used a wire wheel attachment on a drill and cleaned up the hub. It was still slightly binding but i slowly tightened the lugs in a star pattern til it was seated. Took them all off. Pulled the spacer off and could not figure out what was binding in the first place but put it back on and it seated without any binding.

Torqued it all down to spec and i have zero issues at 80mph. Feels stock. Would not even know they were there
View attachment 2503375
Whats a spacer thread without pics. 1.25bora^
That’s a great idea! I was going to use a file to scrape down a bit, but I like the wire wheel idea better. Thanks!

It's also a good idea to add some grease onto the hub before installing the spacers, we had one customer's car seized so bad we had to break it off.

It's also a good idea to add some grease onto the hub before installing the spacers, we had one customer's car seized so bad we had to break it off.
did the customer say how long the spacers had been on? would 1 winter season in the NE seize a spacer?

did the customer say how long the spacers had been on? would 1 winter season in the NE seize a spacer?

I didn't ask but we had to air chisel it off and replaced the rotor too, that thing was welded on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom