Front Wheel Bearing Mobil1 synthetic grease (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought 2 of 12.5 ounce/tub Mobil1 synthetic grease wheel bearing for the front axle repack. My question is just little worry and concern whether I got the right stuff or not. The thing is when I check the Mobil1 website and compared with the 12.5 ounce/tub I bought, the label in the back it didn’t have the NLGI grade type 2.According to the FSM you need lithium grease NLGI 2 for the wheel bearing. So do you guys think I bought the wrong one or MOBIL1 just forgot to mention on the back of the label.

Thank you.

Jerry--

I'm not certain that M1 comes in a "tub." I know that it comes in a tube (long, silver and blue package with a blue plastic cap top) and that type of container is all I have ever seen.

Either way, the consensus seems to be that the M1 is the red stuff and comes in a tube and you cut it open length wise and you pack your wheel bearings.

Best.
-onur

I have used it for years. You got the right stuff.

Just make sure you use Moly grease in the birfield joint only. The thought is that Moly would make the wheel bearing rollers slide as opposed to roll, creating flat spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom