Front turn signals out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2MinutesTurkish

it was two minutes, five minutes ago...
Threads
Highly doubt both bulbs went at the same time. I have no front turn signals. All other lights front and rear work. I've checked all fuses and they are good to go.

I am in the middle of doing an ARB bumper install and converting the side lens housing to put the blinkers in there as opposed to running the ARB in the bumper (no different wiring, just modifying the plastic side marker housing to fit the turn signal)

Currently, everything is wired up correctly. Side marker lights are still connected, just hanging for now.

When I hit the turn signal switch on the steering column, I get the fast flash for both right and left, but no front turn signals (only rear). When I hit the hazard switch, the rears only blink at normal speed.

Clearly I've done something as it was working even after I disconnected the fog lights and blinkers from the stock bumper. Any quick ideas or tips before I start troubleshooting. Multimeter is at the office and parts stores are closed. Wouldn't mind saving a trip to work and some cash before I just start heaving money and time at the problem.

Last edited:
So after doing a little research on some other forums. This is what I've got. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The blinkers front and rear are wired in parallel. Given my symptoms, seems it points to bad ground(s) in the front since that's the only thing the front and rears don't share.

Screenshot_20180317-092244.png
Don't mind me, just filling the 100 series forum with a discussion with myself. So I found the attached EWD which would indicate the side marker lights and my turn signals are grounded together. So by process of elimination, would only make sense that it's the bulbs themselves.

So I figured at this point, time for a multimeter. Went to work and grabbed it. Tested each bulb and they both are bad. Tested each bulb socket and they are good.

I'm not one for coincidences. Any idea how I lost 2 blinkers at the same time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom