Front turn signal lights wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I asked once before but I was looking for more clarification as I am mounting this week. I was given a set of front signal lights like these Toyota FJ40 Front Turn Signal Light Assembly Left and Right Side NEW 1976-1977
Not sure what function each bulb has. There is 4 bulbs in the light all single element. I am sure the large amber half is turn not sure of the small side amber. There are two bulbs in the clear section. Someone said one is parking, should it be an amber bulb? The other bulb is off to the side and is smaller like what you would find in gauges. Each has it's own wire.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since the pictures show only two wires I'd say plug them into the existing corresponding wires and see what happens. From other pictures I've seen of lights with this configuration there should be more wires for extra functions. These may only function as running and turn signals.

I asked once before but I was looking for more clarification as I am mounting this week. I was given a set of front signal lights like these Toyota FJ40 Front Turn Signal Light Assembly Left and Right Side NEW 1976-1977
Not sure what function each bulb has. There is 4 bulbs in the light all single element. I am sure the large amber half is turn not sure of the small side amber. There are two bulbs in the clear section. Someone said one is parking, should it be an amber bulb? The other bulb is off to the side and is smaller like what you would find in gauges. Each has it's own wire.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The bulb off to the side is side marker light. The lens is amber but the bulb is white. None of the bulbs in the assembly is amber.

What year FJ40 are you looking to put this light onto?

Have you looked on the backside of the bulb socket, the side and front indicator are probably wired together.

green wire to park ligtht, green/yellow stripet to indicator, ground is the casing/bottum bracket, thats how they plug in on the newer ones...

alltough they have the 3'rd White ground wire, and running 3 bulbs

Last edited:
Byron, the picture was only a reference, mine has four wires to four bulb.
Krüger, one wire to each bulb although the p.o. cut the wire to the small bulb and spliced it to the larger one in the clear section.
Racer65 you were the most help in that your video demonstrating the led headlights show three of the four bulbs in action. I was just surprised the front market light is white/clear.

Will do when I get home. have three of the four figured out but the extra little one had me confused.
Cooler man you still doing electrical terminals? Going to need more for this setup.

Yes , I still sell everything you will need, just look on the web site then sent me an email with what you need.

Those must be lights from Peru or somewhere. The fourth light may be a "fog" light. It would come one only when you turned on fog lights. I have a set of rear three way tail lights that have that bulb. They came from Peru.

Here is the photo
1468285319328-1584090467.jpg

These are both in the clear area of the lens each wired separately

That is a bit odd... That bulb is so small it could only be a park bulb.

I would just wire those two bulbs together and call it good. I could make you a small adapter that would allow you to plug in both lights and have it come out as a single male bullet. You would end up with three male bullet connectors, one for clear, one for amber and one for side amber.

Maybe. Then again maybe the little light could be the marker and I could use the other as some kind of driving light with a led light. Otherwise I may do your suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom