Front Sway Contacts Lateral Control Arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have noticed that my front sway bar sometimes comes in contact with my lateral control arm. What would resolve this for me? A sway bar drop kit so that the angle is a little better as it reaches over the arm?

Last edited:
Panhard rod = Lateral control arm

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Sway bar is to the rear of the front axle housing.
Panhard rod is located to the front of the front axle housing.

They shouldn't be able to make contact ever.

Screenshot_20230622_175552_Drive.jpg

Haha we all know what he meant.

Radius Arm
Control Arm
Leading Arm

Whatever you want to call it, you can use a drop kit to lower the sway bar to get better geometry on the sway bar.

But @Jdub94 when you ask these kinds of questions in the future tell us about your truck, what year, what mods, what lift, how is it loaded, etc.

Last edited:
Haha we all know what he meant.

Radius Arm
Control Arm
Leading Arm

Whatever you want to call it, you can use a drop kit to lower the sway bar to stop making contact.

But @Jdub94 when you ask these kinds of questions in the future tell us about your truck, what year, what mods, what lift, how is it loaded, etc.
Is that was meant though? 7 hours and no suggestions? Mud has gotten slack! Or have no clarity on what's being referred to

Or is he referring to tie rod? Clashing with radius arm?

Or drive shaft clashing with sway bar?

Sway bar shouldn't clash with radius arms.

With a pic, doesn't matter if someone doesn't know what to call bits

Is that was meant though? 7 hours and no suggestions? Mud has gotten slack! Or have no clarity on what's being referred to

Or is he referring to tie rod? Clashing with radius arm?

Or drive shaft clashing with sway bar?

Sway bar shouldn't clash with radius arms.

With a pic, doesn't matter if someone doesn't know what to call bits
You're right maybe I am wrong, but the only thing that makes any sense is that what he actually means is tie-rod to radius arm, but I could be wrong!

pxl_20201026_183917849-jpg.2477556

That would be your steering linkage (tie rod / drag link) hitting the control arms ( radius arm / control arm).

The only thing that would cause that would be a lift and caster correction.

Without knowing your suspension specs, ie type of lift and method of caster correction, it will be hard for us to help you.

But you might consider something like a radius arm drop bracket from @eimkeith or I also believe Ironman makes one. (Eimkeiths product is better)

Post some pics and suspension details for better help.

i used to have drop brackets for my control arms and when the bushings gave up then it would touch just like in the pictures.

and now i have a slee off road full 6" lift and i love it!!!!

That would be your steering linkage (tie rod / drag link) hitting the control arms ( radius arm / control arm).

The only thing that would cause that would be a lift and caster correction.

Without knowing your suspension specs, ie type of lift and method of caster correction, it will be hard for us to help you.

But you might consider something like a radius arm drop bracket from @eimkeith or I also believe Ironman makes one. (Eimkeiths product is better)

Post some pics and suspension details for better help.
No, my radius arms are not making any contact. It is my sway bar that is making contact. I am on 37s. Not sure what the lift height is from the PO. I think 6"

In the picture you posted, I clearly see contact between the right radius arm and the tie rod. There are contact marks on the tie rod.
You're saying that the front sway bar is touching the tie rod?
Need better pictures of what's going on. Get under the truck and shoot from the center to the front so we can see everything clearly.

In the picture you posted, I clearly see contact between the right radius arm and the tie rod. There are contact marks on the tie rod.
You're saying that the front sway bar is touching the tie rod?
Need better pictures of what's going on. Get under the truck and shoot from the center to the front so we can see everything clearly.

He never posted a picture (not sure why not?).

He took someone else's picture to draw on.

Well that's just silly.
Fellas I have a 3 week old newborn and already back to work full time. I don't exactly have a ton of time to go snap some pics. Since someone else showed the belly of theirs, I opted to do a quick edit to circle exactly the spot I am talking about. Please refer to the big red circles as to what I am trying to describe.

Fellas I have a 3 week old newborn and already back to work full time. I don't exactly have a ton of time to go snap some pics. Since someone else showed the belly of theirs, I opted to do a quick edit to circle exactly the spot I am talking about. Please refer to the big red circles as to what I am trying to describe.
Yessir right away sir

Candor aside, I'd just ignore it since I doubt it's rubbing bad enough to matter, and if you don't have time to get pics, you're not gonna fix it

Yessir right away sir

Candor aside, I'd just ignore it since I doubt it's rubbing bad enough to matter, and if you don't have time to get pics, you're not gonna fix it
Just trying to ask around to see if anyone else has similar experiences and knows a fix so I at least would know what to get into or what direction to start moving.

Not so much a rub as it is a tap now and then. Just didn't want to cause any bending to that linkage.

Thanks

One of the great things about newborns is they stay where you put them, and they can't fall off the floor. They're soft and flexible, washable, and very resilient. BTDT. Twice.

One of the great things about newborns is they stay where you put them, and they can't fall off the floor. They're soft and flexible, washable, and very resilient. BTDT. Twice.
They also love red bull

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom