Front Sway Bar Upper Bracket Bolt Size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 94 FZJ80 today and the previous owner had removed the sway bars for travel in the suspension, but I would like to put them back on as I won't be doing the kind of crawling he was. He has the sway bars but is missing some of the hardware.

I am very novice to cars in general and especially this platform. I am not even sure what the upper bracket is technically called. It is a sort of arm with a pivot bolt in it? Thought maybe it was M12 but it is bigger than that.

Trying to get the front sway bar on before we leave for NM on Friday in it. I will have to wait to put rear bar on when new U Brackets come in.

Thanks in advance

The sway bar bracket to chassis bolts are m8 X 1.25, same with the D bush brackets, and then connecting to the axle they are m10 X 1.25. The m8’s have about 20mm of thread. The m10 bolts to the axle end overall length are 55mm.

I’ve removed my front sway bar without noticing much that it’s gone. On the other hand I upgraded to a 30mm rear sway bar, which noticeably enhanced cornering without limiting flex/travel.

48B22993-DCF6-4422-B161-E88C896C28A1.png

Last edited:
The sway bar bracket to chassis bolts are m8 X 1.25, same with the D bush brackets, and then connecting to the axle they are m10 X 1.25. The m8’s have about 20mm of thread. The m10 bolts to the axle end overall length are 55mm.

I’ve removed my front sway bar without noticing much that it’s gone. On the other hand I upgraded to a 30mm rear sway bar, which noticeably enhanced cornering without limiting flex/travel.

View attachment 3094556
I actually needed the size of the Front Stabilizer Bar Link, which I have now found. It is M14 1.5 2.5" long. Of course, the only size that auto parts stores don't regularly carry. So, I had to order the nuts online.

What was confusing is that on SOR, the part number for that component of the blueprint is entirely wrong/different than the actual Toyota part number. When I originally used SOR to find the part, I tried to Google that number and it brought up nothing at all.

I found the correct part number in another thread here that was talking about something entirely different, but the OP thankfully posted a picture that had the bar links in a bag with the part number showing. That's how I was able to finally find the correct ones.

Another thing about the SOR listed part, is their price is $80. I found the part on Parts Geek for $22 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom