Front sway bar touching steering rod after 2" Tough Dog lift kit install. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Twin Ports of Superior, WI and Duluth, MN
Hi all,

So, I was getting my lift kit buttoned up today and everything seems pretty good after a test drive. As part of the process, I also replaced all of the bushings in the control arms and the panhard bars and also installed new sway bar mounts. I don't remember how tight the gap was between the front sway bar and the rear steering bar, but they are basically touching now.

Do I need an extension on something? Putting it on the sway bar link seems like it would make the problem worse. It seems like I might need something different where it meets the axle or maybe they were really close to touching before.

Did I somehow put it on upside down?

Any insight?

bar.jpg

That bend right at the axle mount looks like you probably put it in upside down?

Normally bends up from the axle mount, not down:

img_7062-jpg.1298346

Oh boy, I feel dumb now. I just went and looked at it closer and I see that you are indeed correct, as usual.

It's my own fault. This has been a pretty extensive project to get all my rust treated on the axles and all the control arms, etc. and it started to rain today while I was trying to do a final push to get it done.

Not even sure how I got the damn thing on there the way it is now. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom