front sway bar attachments

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Mark Mathews Creek, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Mark Mathews Creek

Mark Mathews Creek

Howdy

the bolt holding the left front sway bar has been loose since I got my 83 FJ60. I thought nothing of it until I put a new bolt and bushings in and tightened it up. What a difference it made, like driving a new car. Problem is the new bolt and bushings from NAPA is 2 or 3 inches shorter than what was in there. it fit and there is no rubbing but now the left side is shorter (bolt measurement) than the right. Is this ok, or should I put another short bolt in the right side? I am having my oem springs rearched next week. Will they have to go back to the long bolts then anyway?

thanks

Mark
    p.s. how do I loose my rookie status, I have several posts?

2. cahilc

cahilc

Yes, IMO, both sides should be the same length. Wait until you get your springs to where you want them before buying new sway bar drop bolts ? Sway bar connects ? What's the correct name for these ? Once your springs are done then you'll be able to get the correct length.

Try these, spendy but woth the extra pennies plus good info on why for correct length.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/SwayBar.shtml#DisconnectsV2

Cheers,
    Cahil

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.