Front spacers and caster corection? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

twalker9480

SILVER Star
Threads
To start off, i used the search function and couldnt find an answer:bang:
I have OME Js in the front and heavies in the rear. I just put my ARB bumper on and im getting a winch soon. Im wanting to get some spring spacers in the front to lose the stinkbug. Do you guys have any suggestions on if i should get poly spacers or go with one of the metal options? What size spacers should i get to offset the weight of the winch so my stink bug dosnt get worse?

Finally, i currently have Slee's castor plates, am i going to need to do more to correct castor like correction bushing? Or the plates good enough by themselves?

I would also wait until after you're done to determine if you want to do anything about caster. If it drives fine to you, no reason to change what you have.

Wait till it settles with all of the stuff. We build the spacer into the stop cone, stop by, will show you how. It's easy and can be made to whatever height needed.

What’s the height difference between the front and rear now? I would probably wait til you get your winch mounted before trying to level it out.
Empty this back sits at about 40-41" at the flare, and the front is about 38.5 as it is w/o the winch. And Okay, I'll wait until it settles with my winch.

Wait till it settles with all of the stuff. We build the spacer into the stop cone, stop by, will show you how. It's easy and can be made to whatever height needed.
Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know when im ready.

My story went like this.
OME Med lift (2.5) w/ caster bushings
Then
OME J lift; and added 2" MetalTech coil spacer
.... Not enough caster
Removed caster bushings and install MT caster plates.
Still only about +1.5* correction but better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom