Front skid plate bolt sizes or part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LX470 didn't come with a front skid plate when I bought it. I picked up a ASFIR skid plate on their black friday sale, but I need to buy bolts. Does anyone know the part number for these at the dealer? Or the size? I believe they are 8x1.25, but not sure of the length.

My LX470 didn't come with a front skid plate when I bought it. I picked up a ASFIR skid plate on their black friday sale, but I need to buy bolts. Does anyone know the part number for these at the dealer? Or the size? I believe they are 8x1.25, but not sure of the length.
You don't need to go to the dealer for them. Just get some 30 or 40 mm long jobbers from a hardware store.

Double check with your dealer, but I think they're 51410-60020. I ordered them through my local dealer when I had the exact same scenario (new asfir with no old skid). It was worth the $18 or so bucks to me to have the tapered easy start tips and the captured washers. I just find that a lot easier when I'm laying on my back doing a reverse pushup trying to get the skid plate bolts started.

Also, I'm not sure what bumper you have, but I had to do some trimming to fit that skid around my ARB. I ended up cutting out a cardboard template and laying that on the skid as a cutting guide. Luckily that aluminium cuts pretty easily and it's easy to round the edges afterwards.

I just installed my Slee front skid plate yesterday. They are M8x1.25, 30mm long, with extra thick washers. I got mine from Ace, because it was closer than a dealer and they have a good selection of grade 8 hardware in metric. Less than $10 for it all. I had to use a tap to clean out the threads on a few of the holes.
Good luck with skid plate!! It'll be worth it!!

Double check with your dealer, but I think they're 51410-60020. I ordered them through my local dealer when I had the exact same scenario (new asfir with no old skid). It was worth the $18 or so bucks to me to have the tapered easy start tips and the captured washers. I just find that a lot easier when I'm laying on my back doing a reverse pushup trying to get the skid plate bolts started.

Also, I'm not sure what bumper you have, but I had to do some trimming to fit that skid around my ARB. I ended up cutting out a cardboard template and laying that on the skid as a cutting guide. Luckily that aluminium cuts pretty easily and it's easy to round the edges afterwards.

Thanks for the info. I also have an ARB. Do you by chance have any pictures of how you trimmed the bumper? Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I also have an ARB. Do you by chance have any pictures of how you trimmed the bumper? Thanks.
I trimmed the skid plate, not the bumper. It was much easier for me to cut the aluminum, and I wouldn't want to compromise the winch mount integrity.
IMG_20191220_120203.jpg

just ordered these guys, should work, will report back if they don't:

McMaster typically ships next day in large cities.

I can confirm the 100 series Land Cruiser and likely LX front skid plate bolt size is M8x1.25 of about 30mm length which comes out to 12mm socket size for the bolt. Although I am sure the 25mm bolt length would work as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom