Front Shocks 2011 LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question for you guys out there. I need to replace front shocks on a 2011 LX570. Called the dealer service department and they want $1,600! Shocks are $210 online a piece and imagine you could rebuild the whole front end for half the price. They also wanted another $235 to drain and replace AHC fluid. I'm all for good business, but this seems a little steep.

How hard is it? I did the valley plate leak fix with the information on this forumn. Looking at replacing the front shocks now as diy.

Last edited:
A “wet” looking “shock” on an lx570, unlike on cars with normal suspensions, isn’t an indicator that the shock needs to be replaced.

A “wet” looking “shock” on an lx570, unlike on cars with normal suspensions, isn’t an indicator that the shock needs to be replaced.
Driver side shock was covered in oil residue and crud. Other than that all the other shocks were good!

Thanks, do I need to pick up the tool to compress the coils?

yes - but I’ll admit I bought all new parts and then paid my buddy beer money to use his Branick spring compressor. You need to align coils with the AHC attachment, so a true heavy duty compressor is much safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom