Front Shackle Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

777Gage

SILVER Star
Threads
Does the following seem normal or am I just nitpicking? (OCD)
In working on the 40 yesterday, noticed my front shackles seem to have a slightly different angle from Passenger side to Drivers side? Driver side seems to be angled more "forward" than the Passenger side.
This was sitting in the driveway, slight down slope. Brand new suspension, maybe 50 miles since install.

20200208_142731_resized.jpg

20200208_142757_resized.jpg

Check that shackle pins and nuts are not over tightened. Otherwise, I would flex it out on both sides to break in the springs s bit. See what they look like after a few miles.

Check that shackle pins and nuts are not over tightened. Otherwise, I would flex it out on both sides to break in the springs s bit. See what they look like after a few miles.
Thanks,
Did check the bolts, everything looks good, not to tight.

Not sure, but could it have anything to do with the infamous ‘Cruiser Lean’? More weight on the D/S.

Most springs have a drivers side and a passenger side. Drivers side is usually a bit taller to compensate for the extra weight. They may be swapped around?

Is the ground actually level where the picture was taken?

Have you tried measuring the angle with an angle gauge?

If no angle gauge, have you tried to measure the distance from the ground to the bottom bolt and also ground to bottom of front bumper?

Pictures can sometimes have optical illusions.

GREAT suggestions, I'm going to look into all of the above.

Just want to make sure if I decide to "just drive it" it'll be fine, doesn't look that far off

It’s leaning to left now quite much.

Not sure, but could it have anything to do with the infamous ‘Cruiser Lean’? More weight on the D/S.

/this\

Look on the bright side. Your shackle angles are WAY better than most 40s with aftermarket lift springs.

all these posts and no one suggested having a fat buddy ride in the passenger seat to level it out?

all these posts and no one suggested having a fat buddy ride in the passenger seat to level it out?

That's why my beer cooler is on the passenger side.

Stock type shackle can not be "too tight" if use with the correct bushings , It have a shoulder to keep the width perfect no matter how tighten the nuts is

not sure your specific setup but over the years I have seen many shackles bent from overtightening with an air gun......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom