Front seats..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got an old 64 fj40, with the front bench seat that needs alot of work. I wanted to go to bucket seats up front, but not sure what to put in. I was impressed by the corbeau sport seats, but they don't show selling a seat bracket for my year and they are pretty pricey. Any other options out there??

Thanks in advance

You could go with SOR's bench seat reupholstery kit if you want to keep it stock.

Installation procedures are in this FJ25 thread, but it's the same for the early FJ40s:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=46314
SC12.jpg
SC13.jpg

These came with the new cruiser and they are supa deluxe. Mine don't have the center console. They got an air pump lumbar support that's just a hoot to play with. The front slides out an extra 4 inches or so for long trips. Conforms to your back. Soft and comfy. Adjustable headrests. Lays all the way back. Pretty nice, only downside is they don't have holes for a 5 point.

FloFit
FloFitSts.jpg

I bought a set of the pro comp super seats made for a wrangler. They actually bolted right to the stock tracks on my 79. It's unbelieveable how much more comfortable they are than the stock seats. look pretty sporty with my tuffy console too.

Call corbeau they can make you bracket if you give them the dimensions or have a fabricator make you a bracket. I think BTB used to make one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom