Front seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently have Corbeau Baja seats mounted to a cage seat cradle with race harnesses, from back when I did a lot of "serious" rock crawling. The seats have held up well, and I find them comfortable but now I mostly drive the kids around town and go on a few camping trips a year. The setup is not ideal for that plus my wife doesn't like them :rolleyes: .

Also, I mounted the Baja seats too far back, too close to each other not leaving room for a console, the seats are getting worn out, I need regular 3 point belts and lack of recline makes it hard to get in to the back seat when full soft top is on. Also dead set on seat heaters for the late fall and early spring when morning drive to work is chilly but afternoons are 💯

So, looking for front seats that are 1) supportive (like the Baja but unlikely to the same degree) 2) recline/fold forward 3) have a butt warmer option 4) don't look too "race-y" 5) durable and easy to clean

Options
1) I see @wngrog has used Scheel-Mann, pricey, but if that's what it takes 🤷‍♂️
2) Corbeau Sport Seat (post with some installed in FJ40)

Other options I am missing?

IMG_6021.jpeg

Last edited:
TMI makes nice seats. Their Sport and Sport R as well as their Pro-Classic are ones I’ve seen or know people who have used them in their cars (muscle cars). They look nice and I don’t think it’d be difficult to add heat, if they don’t already have that option.

88C6012C-D9FA-4673-A6F5-1BD166818A0A.jpeg
B4A367D0-ADD2-4FF5-A896-9992FCFAFF52.jpeg

I am also looking for seat replacements. So far, really like the ProCar option.

I have a set of prp suspension seats waiting to go in the 40 I'm putting together, very customizable with colors, recline, etc. Get something that is good for your back. We aren't getting any younger.

I'm pulling the Corbeau seats out and putting in a set of Scheel Mann seats
Which Corbeau's are you pulling out?

I have a set of prp suspension seats waiting to go in the 40 I'm putting together, very customizable with colors, recline, etc. Get something that is good for your back. We aren't getting any younger.
Checking them out!

Those are a great value! And you're right: they look the most stock-ish of all the options I've seen

I put these in a few weeks after I got my 40. They aren't terrible, but they aren't great. At 4X the cost, I'm hoping the Scheel Mann seats are great

20210507_154850.jpg

20210522_110617.jpg

@CruisinGA Thanks for this, I am in the same boat.
Please let us know what you end up doing!

Procar has my vote so far based on price and looks.

I think your limiting factor will be your roll cage. The width between the side rails may make the placement of your seats too close together to allow a center console. Even with seat that fold forward, getting into the back will still be an issue because of the cross brace design of the cage. Since you are no longer doing heavy off-roading maybe replacing the cage will allow you to have a center console and allow better access to the rear seats.

getting into the back will still be an issue because of the cross brace design of the cage. Since you are no longer doing heavy off-roading maybe replacing the cage will allow you to have a center console and allow better access to the rear seats.
Agree, I am planning to remove the cross brace. Between car seats, the cross brace and the non reclining seats it is very hard to access the rear.

would be cool to see a thread on its own about these... and a review/install... and long term review

They look nice and seem to be a good compromise between old and new... and have a great price as well
I will also add that I love mine as well. They just fit the vehicle.

Personally I'd head down to the breakers yard and find something from a high end sporty car model, maybe some Early BMW M3 seats?
I went to the U pull it yard locally and sat in a lot of seats. I wanted leather, heated, moderately supportive and reclining. I ended up with some seats out of a Montero that are heated and power on the driver. I find them very comfortable and work well off road. My only complaint is I wish the seat bottom was a little thinner, as I sit a little to high.

My roll cage (metal tech) looks similar, except for the lack of the crossbar. I was able to fit a locking center console in between the seat. Same one cruiser crap sells.

I’m still toying with the idea of redoing the seat cradle. My front bar keeps the wife (5’1”) from going fully forward. I’d like it to go 2” lower. Oh and one day I’ll hook up the seat heaters too.

I got a set of BMW 3 series seats. Leather. Good shape. But I decided not to deal with the electronics or power and heat, and went with a set of cloth seats out of 1998 Honda. They are going to be awesome. Tons or forward and back movement to access the back. Low profile enough to put over a stock gas tank ( even though I don't have an under seat tank anymore). Comfortable enough. So, if anyone wants a set of tan leather BMW seats, hit me up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom