Front seat versions 1973 year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
From my research, I believe there was an update to the front seats during the update in either 9/72 or 9/73. They started having greater side support as it looks as if they got rid of the bench option.

However, I'm a little stumped. I have a 3/73 but it looks like I have the slimmer seats. I ordered the @Cruiser Corps seats for the 72-78, but they seem to be wider than mine.

Can someone with a 9/72 to 9/73 model share what they have? And I'm also wondering if the frames are the same but the core foam differs. Either way, I may have to sculpt some foam or take it to a pro.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.36.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.37.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.37.24 AM.png

Your seats covers are not a original. Good chance neither were your cushions. Do your homework on replacements. Hear SOR have two levels. The better level suppose be pretty good but also $$$$.

My covers were definitely not original. I was thinking of the foam cushions more. Perhaps the PO bought the covers for 71 and older and trimmed the foam to fit?

I'm betting I can get 90% of the way with a Defender seat foam cushion. I'll let you know how it works out after trimming it to fit.

Final product. Would have been easier if the cushions for the 40s would be available somewhere. At least I couldn't find them but made this work.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 11.58.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 11.59.55 AM.png

Final product. Would have been easier if the cushions for the 40s would be available somewhere. At least I couldn't find them but made this work.

View attachment 2905156View attachment 2905157

My Previous post says cushions available thru SOR (Specter Off Road). Definitely not cheap but these are high density and a match to the original cushions. Seats are something I will pay for quality. Cheap foam breaks down a lot quicker. The headrests and jump seats n my 73 are still good shape for being 49 years old. I will live with those. Front seat have cloth panels sewn the front seats. Those will pay for quality. Long trips and off road want good cushion with support under my butt.

My Previous post says cushions available thru SOR (Specter Off Road). Definitely not cheap but these are high density and a match to the original cushions. Seats are something I will pay for quality. Cheap foam breaks down a lot quicker. The headrests and jump seats n my 73 are still good shape for being 49 years old. I will live with those. Front seat have cloth panels sewn the front seats. Those will pay for quality. Long trips and off road want good cushion with support under my butt.
You're right, either I didn't find them the first time or the price just short circuited my memory. Here it is. For high quality restorations, I would go with SOR, but many people just look at the price and accept their fate with bad cushions for their regular rigs,

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 4.03.32 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom