Front seat removal... What can I delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TreatSmash

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
So I'm taking out my front seats tomorrow to put down some kilmat and I'm wondering if there's anything I can remove permanently while I have the seats out. I generally do this with any work that I do just to save on weight because I'm pushing my MGW.

I know there's a DVD player under the passenger seat, is there any reason why I can't remove it? I definitely don't use the nav system and don't see myself updating it anytime soon.

I'm not sure what's under the driver seat, but does anybody know what's there or if I can take it out?

Anything else I'm missing?

To what extent? I don't believe there's much under the front seats that isn't part of the whole shebang. DVD player may be the exception, assuming you still want to keep your stereo system and HVAC.

The Navigation computer is under the passenger seat, along with the rear view camera ecu and stereo amplifier. I believe you can remove the nav ecu but you will need to jump the front driver side audio wires back to the stereo amplifier in order for those speakers to still work. I actually dont know if the remaining functions will still work without the nav ecu. Easy to test and I bet JerryB knows the answer.

The driver seat has the rear heater under it.

To what extent? I don't believe there's much under the front seats that isn't part of the whole shebang. DVD player may be the exception, assuming you still want to keep your stereo system and HVAC.
Yeah I don't know either, but I figured somebody would. Definitely want to keep the stereo and climate control though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom