Front Runner Slimline Rack Finish Issues and Customer Service Woes. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a contact at Front Runner, or maybe they have a presence on 'mud?

My slimline rack has had some issues with the finish oxidizing in a couple spots, reached out to customer service, and they passed me off to an account manager that covers their vendor relationships (I purchased the rack from CarID, since I had a coupon code) and after a couple of back and forths, they've gone completely dark on me.

I do realize that things are wacky these days (supply chain, inflation, our pets heads are falling off, yada yada) but damn it sure feels like they are telling me to pound sand, without telling me to pound sand. I looped Customer Service back in, fearing that I had been set adrift in this sales reps inbox, so hopefully some representation in their CS software will get me back on their radar.

Has anyone had a similar experience or recommendations on where to go next?

IMG_6858.jpeg
IMG_6856.jpeg

IMG_6857.jpeg

Sales Channel or not, Customer Service should stand on the side the product they sell regardless of who they sell through.

You might also cross post on expedition portal as I know that some of their folks hang out there

Good call, @cboyd ! I'll do just that.

Saw Topsfield in your signature; how things down there these days? I used to live in Melrose, but always loved cruising up to Topsfield and the surrounding for a little more room to breathe.
Sales Channel or not, Customer Service should stand on the side the product they sell regardless of who they sell through.

You might also cross post on expedition portal as I know that some of their folks hang out there

Topsfield is good! Nice being “out in the country” a bit from the city, but close enough to go in. Of course, i prefer the VT version of out in the country!

I noticed your location after I posted, but one of my thoughts when I saw the photo above was that it looked like something I see with failed powder coat and aluminum oxidation in the northeast all the time of various stuff….

I think that design with the stamped naming on the corner piece would be hard to keep adhesion on powder coat. I have the older version of their rack on my 100 and ifve not noticed this type of problem (nor the silly brand stamping).

Is the issue limited to those “end cap” areas? Are those interchangeable? Could they ship 2-4 new ones perhaps?

Good call, those corner pieces do have the appearance of oxidized aluminum, which seems like it could only result from breach of the powder coating.

Hey Squad, I think you're ALL right on the money there. And yes, those caps are individual parts, and would be simple swap outs.

Had the same thought about the stamping and how it would be nearly impossible to get proper coverage there...

Hey Squad, I think you're ALL right on the money there. And yes, those caps are individual parts, and would be simple swap outs.

Had the same thought about the stamping and how it would be nearly impossible to get proper coverage there...
I find if you’re extremely explicit with your “ask” from a customer support team, you have a higher likelihood of success. If they for instance think that you want a whole new rack or expect a refund or something they may not be able to deliver on that. But some small interchangeable pieces seems very do able. Hope it works out!

Good call. I had initially gone in with the 'describe the problem, see what they offer me' approach, but I think I'll have to be much more prescriptive in my next outreach.

Noticed they dont sell the corners as individual components... hoping they can make something happen that doesnt involve this bandaid.

I find if you’re extremely explicit with your “ask” from a customer support team, you have a higher likelihood of success. If they for instance think that you want a whole new rack or expect a refund or something they may not be able to deliver on that. But some small interchangeable pieces seems very do able. Hope it works out!

Probably not even close to what you are looking for, but maybe you could have the powder coat blasted off and have them re-powdercoated. Last time I priced something like this out it was quite expensive. If you are in a urban area, you might have more suppliers and price competition?

Looks like I have the same issue. I’ve only had this on the car for about a year in the pacific northwet.

7BB5C97F-D3AE-4571-BE8D-46BBD2212CF2.jpeg

If there are 2 on mud speaking up in just few hours, then I’m guessing this is a larger issue and they probably know about It. I’m guessing it is a batch problem on the PC or may be a result of the brand stamping making the PC fragile.

with 2 points of evidence, I’d email them and as other have done, state you’d like those pieces replaced.

yo @bdawg23 when did you purchase yours? you definitely had it a while before me and mine was purchased last august or thereabouts... there have to be others!

I purchased 5-18-21

Looks like I have another spot that isn’t happy no that I’m walking around the rig.

3D14FBDB-A00B-4219-91AA-3232A4DE5056.jpeg

The fact that they sell the touch up kit is an interesting piece of information as well. They are clearly aware of the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom