Front Runner Slimline II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have personal experience with the Slimline II roof rack on their 200 Series? If so, I am interested in your thoughts on mounting/quality/issues/etc.

Thank you

Mine is awesome. I had a Baja Rack before, which was a piece of junk in my opinion. The flat feet on the Baja Rack permanently damaged my roof. The FR Slimline works as intended, and has tons of accessories.

Ps. You probably don't need the full length roof rack unless you are planning on getting a hard shell roof top tent. The 3/4 length rack will hold a folding tent like a CVT RTT. Just my 2 cents.

None, but their are bars above the opening if you get the full length. I would get the version that is about 2 feet shorter, that starts right behind the sunroof line.

And touching allowed too. So do you prefer a full rack, 3/4 or small?. Apparently any more than you can handle is a waste but personally I can't seem to ever get enough rack.

whoops

I have the full length. I'm a fan. No problems at all. I have gotten on top of mine and walked around. I would argue that the sun roof, while it will open with no problem, is not really functional as it is pretty much blocked by the front of the rack. Also the air dam that comes with the rack blows air straight down into the opening.

I have a custom length. They can make it as long or short as you want. Great fit and quality. Super service.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423284460.551640.jpg

Hi BTUMAN,

I wIsh I had know they could do custom lengths as it may have swayed my purchase. I preferred the FR in general. We decided on the eezi-awn 2.2m for its L but also for its 54" width. Our inbound Baloud is 64" W I D E.

Can they also do custom widths? Thanks.

Hi BTUMAN,

I wIsh I had know they could do custom lengths as it may have swayed my purchase. I preferred the FR in general. We decided on the eezi-awn 2.2m for its L but also for its 54" width. Our inbound Baloud is 64" W I D E.

Can they also do custom widths? Thanks.

I wanted to still be able to have the sun roof clear so I made it shorter. But I believe it is still ok for a Roof Top Tent. I don't think they can make it wider, since the rail is critical to the installation and it is fixed depending on your vehicle. I would give them a call.

They indicated I could make it longer by sending me another two slats and different rail extension. I am thinking of going with the original length now since I was going to add their LED light bar- perhaps.

I wonder if they'd make a full length rack with no slots where the sunroof? Best of both worlds

I wonder if they'd make a full length rack with no slots where the sunroof? Best of both worlds

I didn't think about that...but yes. Having assembled mine, I guess you could just leave out a few slats..doh

Does anyone shave stock crossbars laying around?

Does anyone shave stock crossbars laying around?

I have my entire stock factory rack and hardware. I guess if someone needs it they can come pick it up. Free as long as we have a conversation about land cruisers before you go and enjoy a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom