Front Runner Slimline II Low Profile rack install with sharkfin antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone successfully installed a Front Runner Slimline II roof rack on a truck with a rear sharkfin antenna?

Front Runner says the low profile rack is not compatible with the antenna, but I have seen one installation by @Eire32 that seems to indicate it is possible.

If anyone has this combo can you post some pictures showing clearance around the antenna, and also measure the distance from the top of the truck above the D-pillar to the top of the rack (green line in picture below)?

Did you have to modify the antenna or remove a slat? Did you have to move the rack forward or back to allow the antenna to poke up between slats?

I understand that I cannot mount a table underneath and that is not a concern to me.

1674091823646-png.3223298

I also want to use the larger and wider fairing. Front Runner recommends the RRAC174 fairing which is the standard version for 1165MM/1255MM low profile racks. I believe what I want is RRAC175 which is the wider version for 1345MM/1425MM low profile racks. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

For reference, here is the install I was referring to.

Another data point. @sleeoffroad website says the low profile rack is compatible with the shark fin antenna.

I’d talk to those guys - 1) they are very knowledgeable 2) they’ll do some pre-sales consulting 3) support a local vendor and FR reseller.

I’ve done business with them on FR on my 100 and they are very knowledgeable on the product lines and what can be done on a 200, maybe more so than FR themselves with respect to the 200.

For anyone following this thread down the line
I have a LC200 I took the low profile slimline FR rack
-The measurement in the green line above in the photo is 5 1/2 inches
-There is a different wind faring, someone has the part number for it, and despite FR saying it wont fit, it will fit, and in fact is a better fit than the one they recommend to use. The one they recommend leaves maybe 4 inch gaps either side where air gets in, the full length one will close that gap, so get it
-No issues with the shark fin antenna, none at all!
-The only downside or reason not to get the low profile is you cant get FrontRunners Stainless steel table and stow it under the rack in their rack holder. That isnt something I wanted anyways so wasnt an issue for me, I prefer the low profile look of this rack, and since I did BP-51 and a 2" lift, I have about a half inch gap to get into my garage, so had I gone with a standard rack I would have never been able to get back in my garage
-Workmanship and quality is perfect, no issues. Wont rust, its aluminum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom