Front Runner rack with 4 mount legs on each side position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought the new front runner 80 SLIMLINE II roof rack. This rack has 4 legs on each side instead of 3 which is great, but there is a problem now as the back leg is really far back and it doesn't really allow the rack to be as far back on the roof as I'd like. Rack being far back helps me to place the RTT on the rack much easier.

Anyone have this rack and how do you deal with the placement of the RTT?

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.10.25 PM.png

I bought the new front runner 80 SLIMLINE II roof rack. This rack has 4 legs on each side instead of 3 which is great, but there is a problem now as the back leg is really far back and it doesn't really allow the rack to be as far back on the roof as I'd like. Rack being far back helps me to place the RTT on the rack much easier.

Anyone have this rack and how do you deal with the placement of the RTT?

View attachment 2693420
You should be able to move the rear legs to the next cross bar and re-mount the rack further back.

You should be able to move the rear legs to the next cross bar and re-mount the rack further back.
That is very true.... I'll have to work out the best symmetry and load bearing but I guess that should work if I want to reach the back edge of the vehicle.

Don't forget to allow clearance for your deflector wing on the rear hatch to clear the rack when it's open!

You're mounting an RTT as far back as you can?

First thing you do is get rid of that rust causing SOB rear deflector than Carry on! 😁

Idea is that my ramp, which I built, would hit the roof & the wind deflector. But if the rack is back more than perhaps the ramp would have room. Here is my 62 vs my 80. And I guess if I look at it now, seems like I would definitely have to take the deflector off. Oh boy, more body work to fill the rusty holes.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 12.34.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 12.26.03 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom