Front Runner Fold Down Table on Slee Swingout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been thinking about this for a year or so; finally pulled the trigger on one. Had it sitting in the garage waiting on a perfect day like today to install it.

Fits just right. Operation 80 tailgate kitchen continues to expand. The main point of this was to get my stove off the tailgate. I found myself needing to get in and out of the drawer which is where I normally had my stove sitting. So I was sliding my stove over, opening the drawer and then sliding the stove back over. This got old after a while. Even if I thought I had everything I needed I never did.

I'm waiting on my tailagate cutting board to get finished, so with my blue fold out table (which now can be optional), the tailgate and now this, I have plenty of room to cook it up.

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

Last edited:
Been thinking about this for a year or so; finally pulled the trigger on one. Had it sitting in the garage waiting on a perfect day like today to install it.

Fits just right. Operation 80 tailgate kitchen continues to expand. The main point of this was to get my stove off the tailgate. I found myself getting in and out of the drawer to items which is where I normally had my stove sitting.

I'm waiting on my tailagate cutting board to get finished, so with my blue fold out table, the tailgate and now this, I have plenty of room to cook it up.

View attachment 2429174

View attachment 2429175

View attachment 2429176
Looks great. Want to say I saw a guy over in the 100 section do the same thing (don't judge me, I was only there to make fun of them I promise).

@concretejungle I really like that set up. I have 4x4 labs swing out and I am wondering if that table would fit. The ladder on mine has a 5* angle off the vertical (Away from the tailgate) and about 1 3/4 " of clearance at the narrowest point between the swing out and the tailgate.
Is the Slee swing out vertical or did you have to use some spacers to align it?

@concretejungle I really like that set up. I have 4x4 labs swing out and I am wondering if that table would fit. The ladder on mine has a 5* angle off the vertical (Away from the tailgate) and about 1 3/4 " of clearance at the narrowest point between the swing out and the tailgate.
Same. This would be good info to have, would love to copy this set up on my labs bumper as well.

The slee bumper is vertical... at least I think I'm following what you are asking. I did however weld in a top brace to support the table when it has a load on it. I'll snap a pic of that and post it up. I will say that it BARELY fit. I am clearing the tailgate by just an inch.

here are two more pictures showing how tight the fit is and the extra brace I welded in so I could attach the top of the table.

I drilled and used Nutserts.

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

Thanks for this. I see what you did. Any chance you can measure the thickness of the table when it is stored. The specs on the frontrunner website says it is like 2" but a real time measurement would be nice to have.

I have thought about this so much, this is amazing. Want to make me one that I can weld on? I don't even weld (yet), but I really like how this looks.

Same. This would be good info to have, would love to copy this set up on my labs bumper as well.
Me as well. I've been thinking along these lines for a while now.

:hmm:

Great post. Been looking at various fold down options for my gen 1 slee rear. I like that model with addition slide out tray.

I will say that the fit was tighter than I expected. I thought I had more wiggle room but once it was mounted up it just barely fit. I got a little lucky I believe.

Me as well. I've been thinking along these lines for a while now.

:hmm:
Nice. More table space and less tables to pack is awesome. Always have wanted this...one day.
I have the Labs bumper with (currently) no attachments on one side. I'm thinking of the table mounted somehow to a bracket (maybe the Labs accessory one) that just fits over the square swingout bar. Just pull it off and stash it flat in the truck. My mind isn't visualizing quite how that would work at the moment. I'm kind of into a modular approach with my outfitting: No roof rack, etc, if not necessary, no crap hanging off the bumper if not necessary, etc, etc...

I have the Labs bumper with (currently) no attachments on one side. I'm thinking of the table mounted somehow to a bracket (maybe the Labs accessory one) that just fits over the square swingout bar. Just pull it off and stash it flat in the truck. My mind isn't visualizing quite how that would work at the moment. I'm kind of into a modular approach with my outfitting: No roof rack, etc, if not necessary, no crap hanging off the bumper if not necessary, etc, etc...

That sounds very doable. I am thinking for you, a copy design of the hang-over tire step.

I agree, my ACC's on the back are a pain. I wish I had the 4x4 Labs so I can deconstruct when not on the trail, or just taking short trips.

This is fantastic. Thanks for the ideas. I have the same table and bumper (except the newer version). Went to go see how it would fit behind the tire today and realized that it's way tighter than I had thought as well...mainly due to how the swing out has a slight curve to it. I might take a less-weldy approach though

I will say that the fit was tighter than I expected. I thought I had more wiggle room but once it was mounted up it just barely fit. I got a little lucky I believe.
Beautiful mounting job. I just finished mounting mine to the newer slee bumper version by just bolting on L brackets (a much more ghetto mounting solution than your beautifully welded one). I might need to add some extra rigidity to support the bottom corner hanging way out there unsupported. I have about 1/4" clearance between the folded up table and my tailgate so I'm a bit handcuffed to not adding much more thickness to the mount.

IMG_20210905_180051618.jpg

IMG_20210905_175932694.jpg

IMG_20210905_175920240.jpg

IMG_20210905_175839004.jpg

Last edited:
@concretejungle @k2mantra How is the wooden extension holding up to the elements? I haven't seen one of these in person and don't know what type of wood it is. Did you sand it and refinish it with anything? Or do you use something like butcher block conditioner?

hey, great question!

Pretty well. It has definitely showed some age. I find that it's more difficult to pull out and slide back in, but all-in-all not bad. I use it every time I set up the kitchen.

BUT, I do not find myself using it as a cutting board like originally designed; I find it being used more as a table extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom