front roll bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can find a pre-made section for a 40 front roll bar that I can weld to the back one? I haven't found anything good, and I guess I can find someone with a tubing bender to make it myself.

Thanks.

You sir would probably would like Metal Tech's Front A pillars, they are made out of 2" .120 wall DOM, and they wrap around the dash for the maximum amount of leg room.

Metal Tech A Pillars

cage02.jpg

i second metal tech, also try spector, they have all sorts of junk.

Metal Tech, Mark knows his s***..
SOR and MAF used to sell the Smitty built bars, which are better than a sharp stick in the eye but not as good as a properly designed cage.

i have to agree www.metaltechcage.com mark is the man. i love my cage i got from him. mark goes by helocat on here you could pm him if needed but i would check his site lots of cool pics of cages (including mine) good luck!

Thanks guys! You weren't kidding about metal tech. I think I'll give them a try.

Have any of you seen the Metal Tech Profile Cage in an ealry 40/45? I'm wondering if you can still get the windshield fold-down latches to work with out interference? Also wonder about the hard doors and ignition? Pictures would be awesome.

I'm sure you could inboard those latches if there is an interference. I'm think medusa uses the metaltech fronts, or at least similar design on his truggy.

I can't talk to the metal tech cage, mine isn't installed yet, but I do know a straight hoop is a PITA. I lived with one for 9 years. Spend a few buck on whatever, but make sure it has the bends around the dash.

I like the profile kit and would buy one in a second if I new it would clear the door and ignition and allow the window latch to still operate.

I can only assume, and you know what they say about that, but if you are going the route of a front cage, it may be a weak link tying it into a stock rear bar. If I was going to go through the effort I'd probably consider just replacing the whole thing all at once. The metaltech bar would be much stronger than the stock bar.

Got any pictures of the early 40/45's with their dashes? There is some room but not a ton with the profile kit.

Like alstaz said the rear o.e.m. hoop is .072 wall e.r.w. material while Metal Tech uses .120 wall hrew and we do make a replica rear bar as well so you can still use your jump seats but have stronger material. I haven't been in the shop for about a month but I did bend up 5 sets of B pillars and 5 sets of C pillars in DOM if you are looking for something stronger than HREW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom