Front reflectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There are many older '40's listed on the web as complete restorations. Where do they get the round yellow reflectors. I think I have checked just about every toyota website and nobody lists them, even SOR says they are discontinued and don't stock them.

Came on the truck....

20050501-T-18.jpg

:beer:

So did mine steve, but now they are all rusted and I would like to put new ones on. I just noticed you are in Farmington, I was born and raised in Durango.

pretty sure a good Toyota parts guy can still get them new

I have searched high and low (with the help of a local LC expert) for the front reflectors and have found none. From what I understand, the hardest thing to find for them is the rubber wedge thingy that aligns the reflector with the fender (easy for some of you guys to fab, I bet). Luckily, I have the old reflectors and they are in relatively usable shape.

My solution (in process) is taking the old frames apart, taking out the old, faded lens, removing the 38 layers of PO paint and putting in a new reflector (from AutoZone - a bit smaller than original, but close enough).

FLFJ40 said:
So did mine steve, but now they are all rusted and I would like to put new ones on. I just noticed you are in Farmington, I was born and raised in Durango.

MN not NM

Sorry, late night lesdexia there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom