1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front pinion angle

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by TOYWNDR, Feb 8, 2004.

1. TOYWNDR

TOYWNDR

I'm doing a spring over. During the cut and turn, any reason I can't turn the front axle to point the 3rd member flange 12 degrees up to point it at the transfer case; then turn the knuckle angle 6 degrees to fix the camber issue. I only use 4 wd at low speeds, I dont think vibration is an issue while crawling.

2. TonkaC

TonkaC

I haven't done it to mine yet so don't have personal exp but I believe that is the purpose of cut & turn and it is what I'll be doing to mine in a few weeks. Let us know how it goes.

Chris

3. pbgbottle

pbgbottle Forum Lifer

Media:
    Albums:
    thats what i did , . but i'm not sure how axle wrap effects that, if your runnin small block you might want to consider some axle wrap wittch way does the axle torque up or down also are you doing a shackle reversal , i think you are only suppose to turn the knuckle that much 6 degrees if you are .if not i think stock caster is recomended . something to do with the way the spring compresses during braking .?

jake