Front Passanger Seat Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on front passanger seat in my 96 80. Inside threaded rod will not turn. Outside rod does turn and so does the rod connecting the two. Is the gear broken inside the plastic? What does the plasic srew do??

Check out Gamiviti. This seems to be the fix although it didn't fix my passenger seat :eek:.

I have the same problem and just manually adjusted the seat all the way back until I can get around to installing Gamiviti's kit.

Kit has been sitting in my garage for a couple months. :eek:

I did this repair...not too difficult but let me tell you one thing...this was my first project on my 80 and I couldn't thank the great people of this forum enough for saving me big money on what I am certain is a very expensive repair if done at the dealer. It's so nice when they work again!!

Had the same issue last week. Luckily I found the cap on the floor. Removed seat, replaced cap, presto!

x2 on looking for cap on floor/seat/door pouch, etc. Make sure it threads back in. Otherwise look at the Gamaviti fix......$40 and good as new. If you do one seat, you might as well do the other.

Stop at his house on your way back from co. With your kids in the car. Good parts good prices. Easy fix.

Thank you KimoSabe for the Gamiviti link. I received my parts Friday and installed them last night. Passenger seat is back up and operational. Thanks to Gamiviti for the parts and instructional link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom