Front parking light/blinker mod. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Okay, I think I mentioned this in a different thread, but I was urged by a fellow mudder to post a new thread about it.

I swapped my blinker and my parking light. This required NO CUTTING! All you have to do is take out the two screws on the face of the blinker lens and push the bulb tray and lens out from the back. Next, open your hood and you will find a lone screw in the top of the grill close to the fender. Remove that and wiggle the parking light unit out of the fender. IIRC, there is a rubber plug that is attaced to the bulb tray that you need to wiggle out. You need to be firm, but not rough. Then, grab the bulb plug and turn to the left until it is out of the housing (just like you were replacing the bulb) on both the parking light and blinker. Swap the wires, plug and bulb from one to the other. Put it back together and you are done. There is enough wire that you do not have to cut, splice, or add and the blinker is now next to the headlight and you can see it a lot better! :cheers:

You can also order the replacement socket w/ pigtail connector for those same front-facing signals and retrofit those into the corner housings. You'll need to splice into the turn signal wire but you'll end up with both the front and corner lights flashing. Add the non-US side marker lights and if someone doesn't see your blinkers then it's hopeless!

Hey, thanks I assume this is also true on a 94 model. I'll look into doing this since its so easy and I don't need 2 flashers directly in front of the truck (stock and ARB lights)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom