Front panhard? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick search didn’t seem to bring up much relevant. How do you know when you need a front adjustable panhard rod? I’m running about a 4” lift with Slee arms and the Delta rear panhard bracket. No real handling quirks that I can point to just drives like a lifted wagon on 37s. What are people’s real world experiences?

Mike

Is your front axle centered? I am on a 4" lift and needed adjustable panhard to center the front axle.
Nothing more to it.

I have Slee 4” heavies up FR - my lift needed the adj panhard esp because I was binding the coils of the spring on 1 side against the flared cup of the bumpstop.

Even having cut the metal flare off, you could still hear a light rub of the inner coil to the cup IIRC & the panhard shoved the axle so now at full flex nothing rubs.

But I also swapped to @landtank ‘s Plates from Slee - the whole handling on-pavement thing was back to full neutral rotating the axle on the centerline when you’re in the 4+” lift zone.

With a Dobinson 3.5" lift (really 5" lift) it was pretty clear I needed a front panhard bar. The driver's side wheel was at least 1" further out compared to the passenger side I purchased a Whiteline adjustable panhard and installed to fix it.

Toyota provides a tool to install and fine tune the adjustable panhard length.
1648841240232.png

With a Dobinson 3.5" lift (really 5" lift) it was pretty clear I needed a front panhard bar. The driver's side wheel was at least 1" further out compared to the passenger side I purchased a Whiteline adjustable panhard and installed to fix it.

View attachment 2968732
That is a great idea!!!

View attachment 2968732
How has that Whiteline bar held up?

How has that Whiteline bar held up?
This is the Whiteline front adjustable panhard bar and it has been fantastic. I've got their heavy duty rear swaybar as well. I built my own rear panhard bar for about $30 many years ago.

I'm installing the ome suspension since I'm doin the ls swap. I wonder if you really need the front and rear adjustable panhards. Curious, will you have any driving issues if you don't use them? Anyway, I will probably get the panhard rods below. Also, what is the purpose of the front coil spacers?
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 10.02.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 10.06.18 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom