front O2 sensor replace 05 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mechanic notes "PO 051 - Bank 1 Sensor 1 heater failure. Due to mileage"
So I've read the Mud threads, this seems like a job even I can handle. Dumb question: will (should) the codes clear after I replace the sensors, or will I need to return to shop to have him clear them. I don't own a scanner, and I trust this mechanic, but he does charge for his time.
Looks like Denso 234-4138 for fronts... $44 ea Amazon, along with slotted (open) 22m offset oxygen sensor socket and some PB blast.
Love MUD for all the info.

P0051 is Bank *2* Sensor 1, not Bank 1. You have the correct Denso part number. If you don’t have a code reader, disconnect the battery while changing the sensor and reconnect when you’re done, which should reset the monitor.

P0051 is Bank *2* Sensor 1, not Bank 1. You have the correct Denso part number. If you don’t have a code reader, disconnect the battery while changing the sensor and reconnect when you’re done, which should reset the monitor.
any idea on if error lights (VSC/Vtrac) will eventually reset?

Success. Took me two hours (I pulled the wheels, and the passenger side connector was stubborn to remove, hard to get my hand in there).
Error codes cleared (thanks for the battery disconnect tip).
Had a VSGC or something code but it went bye after 3 minutes driving.
Thanks Mud for the awesome library, never would have tried this a few years ago but got confidence over the years, & for the assist JunkCrzr89

Yeah, the #1 sensors are in a tough spot. I changed both of my #1s when I installed new exhaust manifolds, so the sensors were super easy for me to do because the manifold was in my lap 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom