Front non-flare fender panels are very difficult to get at wreckers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much of a rush are you in? If you keep an eye on people parting out rigs on gumtree, you'll see some pop up every now and then. What wreckers did you try? There are some good places in South Australia which have bits that can be harder to get in the Sydney region, if you don't mind paying freight.
Allfourx4 at Kotara and Central Coast 4wd wreckers at Wyong. I look on the used parts search sites regularly. I've seen non-flared 80's come up a fair bit in SA but by the time I see them and inquire the fender panels have already been sold.

I've done some cleaning up and rust treatment on the panels I've got on the vehicle today (already replaced the left side, right side is the non-original one with factory flare holes etc.) and it looks like the pressing form is different for the non-flared ones compared to the flared one as the LH non-flared one has a noticable flat section formed around the wheel arch whereas the RH non-flared one does not.

Facebook market place or gumtree…

Heaps of people wrecking 80 series cruisers, and the prices are much much better.

Facebook market place or gumtree…

Heaps of people wrecking 80 series cruisers, and the prices are much much better.
True, but cost of freight is extortionate. Not surprising with fuel, etc. all so high. Allfourx4 when they have 80 series outer guards seem to sell them around $250 each.

True, but cost of freight is extortionate. Not surprising with fuel, etc. all so high. Allfourx4 when they have 80 series outer guards seem to sell them around $250 each.

Try looking at freight with e-go couriers.
They are a low service/online only service branch of Hunter Express couriers. If you can get to a depot for pick up, they are a good option.

Allfourx4 are a bit over priced IMO, but the are a trustworthy source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom