Front mud flap question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can this corner piece just be removed and will that allow you to install front flaps? Or does the entire running board have to be un installed?

unnamed_2.jpg

IIRC either the boards come off or you have to trim the flaps to allow the boards to fit in them... assuming your using OEM flaps.

Do a search for mud flap JDM. They were a full flap with cut out for boards. JDM boards are thinner though so may not work with NA spec running board

I would buy the front flaps that have the slot for the factory running boards. Talk to your Toyota dealer. I know they exist because Toyota sent me front flaps with a slot for the running boards instead of the flaps w/o the slot for the running boards.

I would buy the front flaps that have the slot for the factory running boards. Talk to your Toyota dealer. I know they exist because Toyota sent me front flaps with a slot for the running boards instead of the flaps w/o the slot for the running boards.

Also, as I recall the front flaps with the slot for the running boards were actually cheaper than the flaps w/o the running board slot.

Sweet! I didn't know they existed.
Yeah I didn't either until my dealership got the wrong ones. It's not very clear on the item descriptions in their system I guess. They have 4 versions of front flaps:
  • Flaps with flares and with boards (what you most likely want)
  • Flaps without flares and with boards
  • Flaps with flares without boards (what I got and most people get if removing the boards)
  • Flaps without flares and with boards

Cruiser Parts have what you what i'm fairly sure. FYI CP is slow to ship from my experience.
FWIW, my local dealership had the parts ready to pick up the next day. Cruiser Parts is great, but they don't offer the front flaps you need from what I can tell looking at their site (w/ flares and w/ running boards).

I think the flaps you are looking for (with the slot for the running boards) were around ~$85 from my dealerships part department. IMO the price is fairly reasonable considering you don't have to pay for shipping. They were ~$15 cheaper than the ones without the running board slot. The nice thing for me was my parts people were way cool in getting in the correct flaps the next day after getting the wrong ones. Also, you'll want to save those bolts that hold the molding shoulder piece in place. You'll need them to mount the flaps. Since I was working with my Toyota Parts guy, I ended up just ordering a set of the proper bolts (should only be $.30 or $.40 a pop). I needed 2 bolts per flap, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the same for the running board version.

OK. I pulled up my invoice from Toyota Parts. Here's the part numbers and prices for the front mud flaps that had the slot for the running boards (the wrong ones in my case).

Driver Side front guard (w/ fender flares and w/ running boards)
Part #: 76603-60011
Description: *MUDGUARD SUB-ASSAY
Price: $85.74

Passenger Side front guard (w/ fender flares and w/ running boards)
Part #: 76604-60011
Description: *MUDGUARD SUB-ASSAY
Price: $85.74

Screws to mount mud guards (to mount mud guards... I didn't need the grommets and you can reuse the screws you got)
Part #: 90159-60416
Description: Screws
Quantity: 6
Price: $1.01 (each)

Grommets for the screws (again you probably don't need these)
Part #: 90189-06196
Description: *GROMMET, SCREW
Quantity: 6
Price: $.92 (each)

Also, the part numbers for the front flaps without the slot for the running boards (with fender flares) is below. This is what I needed and you can get these from Cruiser Parts for cheaper. This may help remove some confusion if you go to your parts guy at the dealership. They have the same description as the flaps with the slot for the running boards.

Part #: 76603-60021
Part #: 76604-60021
Description: *MUDGUARD SUB-ASSY
Price: $96.91 (each)

Anyways, hope this helps!

Sweet thanks man. My current parts guy needs my vin to determine if my running boards were installed in jp or by a dealer.

No problem, man. My guy had to pull everything with my VIN as well. If you can, ask if you can have a copy of the original dealer specs/options for your vehicle (I didn't have this). My guy was able to give me a copy of this, which I thought was pretty cool and is essentially the info from the original dealer sticker (-minus pricing info). For me, it was interesting that the annoying alarm system was in fact added by the dealer (which I will be removing promptly if this winter storm will ever move out of the Eastern seaboard).

Not sure if you care, but I also got a new key made when I was there (this was ~$18). They don't charge to rekey- they can use your current key or make one from your VIN. Be sure to make sure it works (the first cut didn't work and they were cool about making another). I also got replacement OEM wiper blades (just the rubber parts) for about ~9 a piece. I didn't know you could just replace the rubber blade part! My rear wiper wouldn't get the top middle of glass at all so I got a new blade and assembly, and it works like new. I tried some aftermarket blades on the rear and they didn't do well at all. I also grabbed some oil filters and oil drain plug washers (they were on sale). I also got some toyota red coolant (need to dilute with distilled water 50/50).

Unfortunately I removed my boards and went with the flaps w/o the boards. I can post some pictures of my set up of you like
Please post. Thanks for the info. I too was trying to sort this out myself. Also if anyone has a photo of front flaps with the running board, please post as well.

mudflap.jpg
Found an older thread. There was a post the CDAN stocks these with a great price. Here is a photo of the flap for the running board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom