Front Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and can't believe that I couldn't find any pictures of how the new style front motor mounts are oriented. Does anyone have pictures of how they look mounted? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hit Trollholes' Big gay 2f build, last page, there you will find pictures of his fj 40 engine bay, one or more show the motor mounts. Put mine that way so it is one of those "to the best of my knowledge" things.

Hit Trollholes' Big gay 2f build, last page, there you will find pictures of his fj 40 engine bay, one or more show the motor mounts. Put mine that way so it is one of those "to the best of my knowledge" things.

The Big Gay Build shows the rubber bulge on the side of the motor mount facing the block.

SOR diagram shows the rubber bulge facing forward.
319090_large.jpg

:confused:
Seems to me the SOR approach would distribute the weight of the motor across more of the mount. Any other opinions?

-----------------

I just went out to the garage to test fit the two options and the SOR approach won't work on the passenger side motor mount bracket -- the curve of the bracket doesn't allow the motor mount to sit flush into the bracket. So, at this point, unless someone else weighs in with another credible theory, I'll go with the Gay approach.

-----------------

Not feeling entirely comfortable with going Gay, I have continued my search and found additional supporting evidence that the Gay way is the way to go. From Jeff Zepp's restoration Web site, I have found more motor mount photos.

p1306.jpg

p1405.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom