Front Marker Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the 60 folks.... regarding the front fender marker lights, to replace those do you have to take the wheel well all the way out, so you have access to the inner fender area where the wiring is for the light? The wiring harness on that bulb / light assembly is so short, seems like the only way, or if you have some super small arms or something to get into the inner fender up there by the battery, which seems kind of impossible to deal with the connectors through that hole with one arm.

One of my marker lights has nearly desegregated and the other does not look good, so they need to be replaced.

For the 60 folks.... regarding the front fender marker lights, to replace those do you have to take the wheel well all the way out, so you have access to the inner fender area where the wiring is for the light? The wiring harness on that bulb / light assembly is so short, seems like the only way, or if you have some super small arms or something to get into the inner fender up there by the battery, which seems kind of impossible to deal with the connectors through that hole with one arm.

One of my marker lights has nearly desegregated and the other does not look good, so they need to be replaced.
If you unscrew the lens there should be a 4-5" long pigtail on the light that you can disconnect easily from outside. Assuming you're replacing the whole assembly.

i can help here

i offer 2 options

Kustom Kioto New genuine toyota with very HIGH quality non usa sourced LED Upgrades Bulbs

see links below

the NON USA HJ61 Lower cost ones are kool period correct flare and direct plug and play too

thanks

1646281665110.png

1646281758538.png

1646281785376.png

1646281795527.png

i can help here

i offer 2 options

Kustom Kioto New genuine toyota with very HIGH quality non usa sourced LED Upgrades Bulbs

see links below

the NON USA HJ61 Lower cost ones are kool period correct flare and direct plug and play too

thanks

View attachment 2941791

View attachment 2941792
View attachment 2941793

View attachment 2941794
Matt, I almost hope my current LED side marker lights get smashed so that I can replace with these!

I replaced my front marker lights with the genuine Toyota lights and it’s a nothing job. Just unscrew the lens and the rest is obvious. No need to mess with the fender.

I'm talking about the entire marker light assembly...not the bulbs. I don't see how to get the wire pigtail from the light assembly loose from the wiring harness and then re-connected without some fairly good access. It did not appear that I could gain access by removing the battery (on the passenger side).

The bulb is a no-brainer. The pigtail on the assembly is fairly short, you can't simply unscrew the old light assembly and pull the light out and get room to disconnect the pigtail from the wiring harness. Not workable from the light assembly hole in the fender once broken light assembly removed, does not appear to be workable from the inside of the fender (coming in from the engine compartment)...thus my question about the wheel well.

thus the dumb question...I don't see how you get access to the pigtail connector so you can unplug the $#% thing...the area of the pigtail where the connector is.

I have new OEM marker light assemblies to use as replacements.

I'm talking about the entire marker light assembly...not the bulbs. I don't see how to get the wire pigtail from the light assembly loose from the wiring harness and then re-connected without some fairly good access. It did not appear that I could gain access by removing the battery (on the passenger side).

The bulb is a no-brainer. The pigtail on the assembly is fairly short, you can't simply unscrew the old light assembly and pull the light out and get room to disconnect the pigtail from the wiring harness. Not workable from the light assembly hole in the fender once broken light assembly removed, does not appear to be workable from the inside of the fender (coming in from the engine compartment)...thus my question about the wheel well.

thus the dumb question...I don't see how you get access to the pigtail connector so you can unplug the $#% thing...the area of the pigtail where the connector is.

I have new OEM marker light assemblies to use as replacements.

you have to remove the front corner lamp too

are you saying you can get access by taking out the headlight....turn signal assembly?

I'm good, I've had the entire front end off etc. Was just trying to figure out how to get at he fender marker lights on the side of the front fender without having to remove the wheel wells, I never considered dealing with the lights up by the headlight to get to that.

Thanks

I'm good, I've had the entire front end off etc. Was just trying to figure out how to get at he fender marker lights on the side of the front fender without having to remove the wheel wells, I never considered dealing with the lights up by the headlight to get to that.

Thanks

your SOLID now then

NOTE the female harness side connectors have 2 locking tabs this = u need 3 hands to remove them from markers male ones

1646453364749.png

Ok, so I'm going to answer my own question based on my own experience and view.

Steps:
(1) evaluate where you have a 4year old with superman strength who can get his arm into the innner fender well area or through the hole behind the headlight. If yes you are golden, if you can snake your own arm/hand in there you are golden.
(2) evaluate if you want to take out your battery or batteries, and remove whatever connections you have to the batteries.
(3) face the cold hard fact if you are a zero above...its time to look at the Wheel Well removal, does not have to come all the way out of truck but does have to be fully loose, to allow you to snake your arm/hand up between the wheel-well and the fender lip (coming in from the outiside of the fender. No way I can get my arm/hand into the hole behind the headlight, no way I can get full or enough access from the holes in the fender (engine compartment side) to get into where the wiring harness is (connector) such that I can get it loose.

Passenger side.....take loose all the bolts that hold the inner fender well, including in my case one bolt coming down from the aftermarket battery tray I have. Let wheel well drop or assit it dropping about 4 inches or so, take marker light loose, stick hand/arm between wheel well and fender to disconnect the fender marker light harness and replace. Replace bolts and tighten stuff back up

Driver side...same thing, in my case I have dual batteries but for whatever reason on the driver side there is not a bolt that goes from the battery tray to the fender well.

This is not a crazy job...I was hoping to avoid having to deal with the wheel wells....I found no other option. Both of my front fender marker light assemblies had crumbled to garbage status. When I took the light out...the lens came off, then the black plastic stuff came out in parts both on the outside of the fender and the main body of the assembly. I've posted up some pics for everyone's enjoyment.

The hole behind the front headlights did nothing for me, the inner fender holes were about the same (non-value added). So far nothing broke which was surprising (bolt wise). I did find I need to address an issue with my front marker lights, which is not a major thing, but I might as well do it now.

From my experience, its easy to damage the front fender marker lights, and the rear fender marker lights and the rear brake lights off-road. Noteablly on the right rear for some reason (which I assume is that you can't see that as well as the left). I've hit my right rear fender a few times off road...a couple of times were ($hit happens stuff) once or twice it was ...no way to avoid it....to get through whatever it was...something was going to scrape/hit / impact.

This may help someone else zero in on steps to solve. If the yota people had made the body harness a few inches longer....it would be easy...to replace.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Last edited:
in order to help others, there are about 16 bolts on each side that hold the fender wells in. To get them back in I found a couple of tapered punches / line-up tools to be helpful to get the holes to line up and leverage things back into place. Its not brain surgery , mostly aggravating. I could not believe that no broken bolts or otherwise. And I also took the front tires off and got the front end off the ground a little bit to make access a little easier. Guess I need to check out the rear marker lights while I'm on a roll.
IMG_0338.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom