Front knuckle **** up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did the knuckles on my 94 over the weekend, drove about 100 miles total the past 3 days after the fix. Backed out of my parking spot for lunch just fine. Got a sandwich at jimmy John’s and all of a sudden it’s not wanting to move in reverse , it won’t move at idle speed and needs gas. When it does move it’s all jerky and sounds like something is catching? Lugs and steering arm thing are all torqued, I’m not really sure what it could be. It will also clunk sometimes after a turn or a bump.
Any ideas?

also just started dropping coolant from somewhere so that’s fun

I am certainly no expert but I recall reading something about busted drive flanges causing what you are describing. It might be worth searching.

Hell, I don't even know if the drive flange is part of the birf.......

I am certainly no expert but I recall reading something about busted drive flanges causing what you are describing. It might be worth searching.

Hell, I don't even know if the drive flange is part of the birf.......
Yeah it seems like something is binding up. Who knows, I’m tearing back into it tomorrow hopefully I can report back w success

Did you blow apart your birfs and get the cage in backwards? It will cause steering bind and longer turning radius.

I've also lost a brake caliper bolt and had it cause a wheel to bind.

I lost a bottom bolt, and when I braked it pushed the caliper out so it bound up on the inside of the wheel. I thought I'd blown up the front diff.

I think if you lost a top bolt it could do similar in reverse

Caliper bolts are a definite easy check, and so is the drive flange.

My first thought was over tightened axle nuts.... Bearings get hot, they bind the axles, no more low power propulsion.

Nailed it, pulled a bolt off my tow hook and it was good to drive home. Next up I gotta do water pump bearing/seals....
Please replace with the proper bolt and washer. They're inexpensive and good to keep a few in the spares box for such an occasion.
90101-12144 bolt
90201-12452 washer

You're not going to replace the water pump bearing, you're going to replace the water pump. Aisin WPT-023.

Please replace with the proper bolt and washer. They're inexpensive and good to keep a few in the spares box for such an occasion.
90101-12144 bolt
90201-12452 washer

You're not going to replace the water pump bearing, you're going to replace the water pump. Aisin WPT-023.
I need to order some to carry as spares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom