Front Hitch Receiver on Slee ShortBus - Anyone Done It? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mingles

GOLD Star
Threads
As the title says...

I am leaning towards the ShortBus bumper for the front of the LX for the simplicity and strength of the design, but I don't want a winch on there full time.

One, it is a theft magnet and attracts unwanted attention to the truck, two - I use a winch more for utility than recovery, and three - I like the idea of having the winch able to be used front or rear.

I have not seen a ShortBus in person, but it seems to me that is should be possible to fab up a hitch receiver that would bolt into the winch cradle of the bumper with the receiver exiting through the fairlead opening.

Thoughts?

I don't have a shortbus bumper for measurements, etc. But I support this idea. Looking to do something similar with my BIOR bumper (plus front receiver for pushing the camper around the yard).

I just went out and looked at my Shortbus. I think it would be pretty easy to make it happen with how easy it would be to integrate a receiver into the bumper. With that said, it's also very difficult, if not impossible to get the winch out without the bumper being removed or at least loosened up. You can only see the two front mounting bolts from the underside and to get to the he rear bolts you have to reach up and around the back of the bumper.

I just went out and looked at my Shortbus. I think it would be pretty easy to make it happen with how easy it would be to integrate a receiver into the bumper. With that said, it's also very difficult, if not impossible to get the winch out without the bumper being removed or at least loosened up. You can only see the two front mounting bolts from the underside and to get to the he rear bolts you have to reach up and around the back of the bumper.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

That confirms my thoughts that it should be a fairly straightforward addition. I am not so concerned with the winch being stolen as I am that a winch makes a vehicle stand out in a parking lot. I try to be as stealth as possible :).

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

That confirms my thoughts that it should be a fairly straightforward addition. I am not so concerned with the winch being stolen as I am that a winch makes a vehicle stand out in a parking lot. I try to be as stealth as possible :).

You have a Land Cruiser. There is zero stealth!

I’m pretty sure I follow with what you have in mind....

The bumper/frame is not designed for the winching forces to be applied that far away. While it would be interesting to see, I’d be concerned about permanent damage to the frame and or the bumper.

Also the latest shortbus revisions have 4 access holes for the winch mounting bolts to make it easier to mount a winch.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom