Front end remodel - Tips and Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, courtesy of a deer strike last week I'm finally embarking on the front end remodel I've been wanting to do ever since I purchase this magnificent beast a little over a year ago. Already on the list are upgraded Depo lights and harness (Neondials and rallylights.com), AOR bumper, and relocated A/C dryer.

My question for the rest of you mudders is what other things should I consider while I've got this area opened up? Any preventive maintenance items I should tackle at the same time, etc?

2013-01-30_16-13-48_890_zps946c3d67.jpg

https://forum.ih8mud.com/<center> <...-26_251_zpsef822fa4.jpg&quot;/></a> </center>

There is a set of Depo's in the classifieds for around the same price of Neondials (if you negotiate off of eBay)

You will love the AOR front bumper, I know I do :cheers:

While you are installing the new harness get the bumper lights wired in at the same time. Its a lot easier to get to those connections before its all put back together.
LC Bumper 013 small.jpg

HOLY MOLY thats a bumper!

old school grill time if you happen to be a toyota fan over the sombrero. Remember the grill, the valance and maybe even lights are slightly different so study up to get the right parts. Depos may only be available in the new style so theres some research left before you commit

You could consider adding a power steering cooler up front. It would be a good time for a hose change and flush of the system too if you chose too. Not totally necesary at stock configuration but if you plan on bigger tires one day its something i would consider and its easier to route the lines while the front is apart. there are several writeups.

Excuse my ignorance but what is AOR?

Now would be an super easy time to do the transmission flush per the hose to the trans cooler.

Def. put an offroad bumper on it.

Looks like you'll need the lower valence too.

Maybe think about the transcooler since you have such good access to the rad.

Yeah, forgot to mention the valence is also on order. The trans cooler looks to be in pretty good shape. Unless you're referring to the paper clip looking tubing on the cross member. That could probably bear replacing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom