Front end rebuild kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure it's been discussed before but I can't find anything. First, this a basically a stock truck and not planning on doing much mods to it. I need to rebuild the front end. Upper, Lower ball joints, struts, rod ends and what not. What are some good kits to look at?

Thanks

I did this on my 4runner which is the exact same front suspension. Do not use any aftermarket lower ball joints (just search Tacoma lbj failure). Your lower control arm bushings are likely toast and the alignment cam and the bushing usually seize together, there is a very thick metal sleeve inside the bushing which sucks to cut through. I opted for new lower control arms because it was easier for me to mess with. The rest id probably feel fine with whatever Napa had for parts just not the lower ball joints

Thanks for the response. The lower control arm bushings have been replaced. Good to know about that he lower ball joints. What about struts and coil springs, is it worth replacing both or just the struts? Truck has 324,000 miles on it.

Thanks for the response. The lower control arm bushings have been replaced. Good to know about that he lower ball joints. What about struts and coil springs, is it worth replacing both or just the struts? Truck has 324,000 miles on it.
I put billstien 6112s on mine and it feels nice. If you don’t want to lift it I’d probably just get some stock replacement struts, not sure how the springs hold up over 300k miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom