Front End Clunk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently did a complete knuckle service. Everything was torqued to spec.

While I was in there I removed the brake pads and cleaned up the pins. Pins and pads are a year old. I am getting an intermittent clunk on the driver's side when entering the driveway curb cut while the wheel is turned hard right. This is new a development since performing the service. I have attempted to get the clunk to repeat by reversing and hitting the curb cut again but it only happens after I have been driving for some time. Clunk is reminiscent of when you push the axle back into the housing on reassembly.

Additional work in the last year included new tie rods, tie rod ends, and drag link. (all 555). Stabilizer was working as specified and was not replaced.

Only other consideration is I used a slightly tinner shim on the steering knuckle bearing cap when I reassembled because the original had deteriorated. Not sure if this is relevant.

As always thoughts are appreciated

Probably not this but it's easy to check under the hood -- front upper shock mount. As the bushings age and sag they can leave a gap and cause a pretty annoying clunk when the slack gets taken up on bumps.

Probably not this but it's easy to check under the hood -- front upper shock mount. As the bushings age and sag they can leave a gap and cause a pretty annoying clunk when the slack gets taken up on bumps.
Getting ready to head out. Ill take a look. Fwiw I replaced the shocks with oem about 3 years ago now. Appreciate you taking the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom