Front-end alignment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a question about front-end alignment. It seems that after doing some serious offroad it appears that my alignment goes out. It may not be the case as it appears to drive OK but the steering wheel will be either slightly off to either the right or left instead of centered as in after a front-end alignment. Is there something that is not getting tightened down enough that is allowing the steering to go out of center due to the rough service placed on steering from offroad driving? I look forward to any thoughts and ideas as to what may be going on. For info, I have an entirely new front-end. New upper and lower control arms, new OME shocks, new steering rack, new ball joints. It is not like it is driving rough afterward, just the steering wheel is no longer dead center while driving straight down the road.

Do you have VGRS?

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is VGRS?

variable gear ratio steering i believe. we have an LX570 and the steeering wheel "unlocked" once and we found ourselves driving with the wheel turned 90 degrees. after turning the truck off and back on, the steering corrected itself. from my understanding it allows the steering to adjust based on your speed.

variable gear ratio steering i believe. we have an LX570 and the steeering wheel "unlocked" once and we found ourselves driving with the wheel turned 90 degrees. after turning the truck off and back on, the steering corrected itself. from my understanding it allows the steering to adjust based on your speed.
I don't believe that the 2006 LC100 came with that. It has power steering, but not sure it has the VGRS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom