Wanted Front early Acorn hubcaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pardion

SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to finish building a 65/40. Needing 2 speedsail stainless hubcaps with the hub holes cut out. He does have plenty of solid ones in stock. I’m reluctant to cut the openings myself. Email pardion@comcast.net if you have any. Thanks, John
875C08DD-3E82-41E7-8966-1C1DE0BCC1F5.jpeg
99E7B88A-0505-4A12-9DBC-ADF9A14D0209.jpeg
2EA6BBBF-CD3C-4236-AE99-8554A844CFC1.jpeg

Ok, turning this want ad to a tech. I can center the cap with a pair of dividers, best tool I have is a Sabre saw, than a 1/2 round mill file.
Sound like a plan?
I think a hole saw would fling that frisbee.

Have you thought about the aftermarket jobs? I bought a couple and they seen decent. P

John, I bought a set early this year, I actually stopped by his work on the way over the golden gate bridge. He told me he can tool up if there was enough interest.?? I bought 2 open and 3 solid

John, I bought a set early this year, I actually stopped by his work on the way over the golden gate bridge. He told me he can tool up if there was enough interest.?? I bought 2 open and 3 solid
His tool up guy is not tooled up right now.

John, make the hole like Downey said they did it in the old days.
set up on jack stand, put in gear so the wheel is spinning and use a tool to cut thru it similar to a lathe.
@Downey
Paul

I’m pretty sure I have a pair up in the loft, do you have a pair of solids to swap?

Why all the extra holes in the tailgate?

Butch

I don’t have them yet, I just placed an order for 5 solids yesterday.Are yours speedsail’s polished stainless ones?
Don’t know why the owners body shop did not fill them and a bunch of others.
They filled all the emblem, rear seats, and tire rack holes.
I took on the project as 4 shops in Sacramento burned him and did not know what they were doing. In a hurry to finish so his 92 year old father can drive it.

I don’t have them yet, I just placed an order for 5 solids yesterday.Are yours speedsail’s polished stainless ones?
I took on the project as 4 shops in Sacramento burned him and did not know what they were doing. In a hurry to finish so his 92 year old father can drive it.
I got them from the guy on Mud/Pirate, that got them done, when the dude from Pakistan was trying to do them…..they are still boxed up……I opened them, and looked at the top one…..
I‘ll climb up and look at return name on the box

Butch

😎

These holes were punched, got a tiny lip.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@Texican How much for this set? 2 of each style or 2 open 3 closed? Stainless or coated mild steel?

Believe these are chromed steel. Bought a pair of open hole from the guy when he was still on mud. He was selling a couple of 1962 FJ40s everything went south after he made a deal with someone then sold them to someone else. His left over soft was sold to SOR. He also made safety straps for the door opening that went to SOR as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom