Front Dual Marker/Turn Signal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a C-Dan mod, which is simple and, therefore, elegant, and increases driver safety, such that it deserves its own thread, IMHO.

To create a dual running light and turn signal from the top front markers, C-Dan says: "I replaced the existing sockets with sockets that fitted 3157 bulbs. You could also use sockets that fit 1157 bulbs. It is trial and error to find sockets that fit the lamps with minimal mokeying around. I chose tail lamp sockets that I salvaged from a damaged Tundra."

As for the wiring, C-Dan says: "The 'running light' part of it is the existing feed and you just tap into the 'signal' side of the front turn signal lamp with a scotchlock or the like."

These lights are at the highest point of the front end, the most visible from the front and the SIDE and , IMHO , are the best location for turn signals and, therefore, IMHO, significantly increase driver safety.

I believe Christo was the first person to bring this to light, so to speak, :D His method was slightly different but the end result is the same.

Here is how he did it.........

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_indicator.htm

I did not bother to take any photos when I did it 'cuz I didn't think much of it. I just tossed it togther one afternoon when it was slow at the parts counter.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom