Front Dual Marker/Turn Signal

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by sparker56, Jun 23, 2005.

1. sparker56

sparker56

This is a C-Dan mod, which is simple and, therefore, elegant, and increases driver safety, such that it deserves its own thread, IMHO.

To create a dual running light and turn signal from the top front markers, C-Dan says: "I replaced the existing sockets with sockets that fitted 3157 bulbs. You could also use sockets that fit 1157 bulbs. It is trial and error to find sockets that fit the lamps with minimal mokeying around. I chose tail lamp sockets that I salvaged from a damaged Tundra."

As for the wiring, C-Dan says: "The 'running light' part of it is the existing feed and you just tap into the 'signal' side of the front turn signal lamp with a scotchlock or the like."

These lights are at the highest point of the front end, the most visible from the front and the SIDE and , IMHO , are the best location for turn signals and, therefore, IMHO, significantly increase driver safety.

2. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper Cascade Cruisers SILVER Star

cool idea. I just swapped the socket from the marker with the one for the blinker. Now the lights below my headlights are the marker lights and the ones next to my headlights are the turn signals. Super easy and no cutting involved!

3. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    I believe Christo was the first person to bring this to light, so to speak, :D His method was slightly different but the end result is the same.

Here is how he did it.........

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_indicator.htm

I did not bother to take any photos when I did it 'cuz I didn't think much of it. I just tossed it togther one afternoon when it was slow at the parts counter.... :)

4. sparker56

sparker56

LR_RESQ:

That's brilliant!

5. 97 FZJ80

97 FZJ80

Albums:
    Won't work with the LX450 unless you swap the bulb for a amber one.

6. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper Cascade Cruisers SILVER Star

It's only illegal if you get caught! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.