Front driver side sag and uneven tire wear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just noticed that my 97 LX front driver side sits a bit (about 1/2 inch) lower than the passenger side :frown:. Almost looks like a fat driver is sitting inside :lol:. Also the front driver side tire has a bit of shoulder wear. The passenger one seems to be wearing evenly. It doesn't really pull in any direction on flat road.

The only uneven wear I found on the forum suggest camber problem, ie bent axle housing, or toe-in is off. I just hope this is not the case. I know i can do an alignment to get an idea whats going on.

Im just wondering if these two symptoms are related.

The LX is completely stock, michelin ltx ms 275/70R16 @ 35psi cold.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I found a post where someone mentioned about 3/4" sag on the front driver side, but no post about what caused the problem. Does anyone have experience with a similar problem?

I had a problem like that. When I first put in my OME lift in I had put the wrong spring in the wrong side. I still have a .25" difference being lower on the driver's side but I've been told that is normal.

So there is a difference in spring height between left and right side then? or do the springs have different spring-constant to accomodate the difference in weight on each side?

So there is a difference in spring height between left and right side then? or do the springs have different spring-constant to accomodate the difference in weight on each side?

Yes, there is a difference! The longer spring (OME-B) will go on the driver's side were the "A" spring will go on the passenger side. In Australia the "A" spring is on the driver's side because the driver is on the right hand side of the vehicle.

I've got a solid 1" of 'cruiser lean' on the front driver corner. I'll check for labels on the OME springs. Either way, I'll probably swap the fronts side to side. Any recomendations on this process? I assume its standard spring swapping... (I haven't had them out in an 80 series before).
Thanks! :)

There are spacers you can use to level out your rig. I did finally get my truck level with some spacers that were recommended from the guys that I bought my springs from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom