Front Drive Shaft- Slight Binding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am finally about done with my SR lift.
I have the DS lengthened a bit and the Cross member is notched and out of the way.

But I am getting a small bind on the transfer case end of the DS at full extension.

Basically the yoke hits the flange on every rotation just a bit. Tuning by hand you can feel it. It is only on one side.

My question is whether it is OK to grind a bit of the flange away to address this.
I see others doing this on other vehicles, but couldnt find too much here.

Thanks
Dave

davidaw-albums-85-fj60-picture13672-shaft.jpg

I clearanced my front drive shaft like crazy after I did spring over and i never had problems.

Yeah I ground down both sides that you have circled. I even went as far as cutting out the metal between the bolt holes on the part that meets up with the output flange on the transfer case (I cut the metal off the drive shaft only, not the flange on the transfer case).

Yeah I ground down both sides that you have circled. I even went as far as cutting out the metal between the bolt holes on the part that meets up with the output flange on the transfer case (I cut the metal off the drive shaft only, not the flange on the transfer case).

Thanks, that worked well. I didnt need to remove very much.
Now she is spinning free.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom