Front Door Speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to replace my blown front door speakers in my 2001. Anyone have suggestions or info as to size or considerations? I do not want to drop a ton of cash of these speakers.
Thanks !

I replaced all my door speakers with kicker speakers... I think the were on sale for $110/pr... They sound way better than the factory shiz...

6-1/2 will fit but so will 6-3/4
look at Hybrid Audio Imagine series. They sound like $500 speakers and in the car audio world they have very high remarks. They are around $200 for a component set.
If you want to save a few extra buck look at the Polk Audio MM6501. They can be found for about $150 a set but they are a 3ohm speaker so they you may beed an amp to power them.

I've got OEM LX470 speakers with their speaker box/housings that I'll sell super cheap. I upgraded to Pioneer/Infinity system so I don't need these. I also have 2 extra pairs of brand new Infinity Kappa 6.5" 2 or 3 way. I originally bought these and then decided to go with 2 pairs of component speakers from Infinity.

PM if interested. G'luck in your search.

I send PM. Is this the complete set of all the speakers? or only the front door speakers.

PM sent...

NYMadMan, anavant,

I'll have pics up this weekend. I wrote both you of as well (PM or email).

Thanks.

dp

I put Polk DB651 (Polk Audio - db Series - Mobile / Marie Speakers ) in front/rear doors on my LC 04 - they are much better than stock and sell for $100/pair. I thought about putting Polk MM651, but the audio store owner talked me out of doing this as I was not going to replace factory amplifier. He said that aftermarket amplifier is needed to drive MM series speakers. I figured if the guy is not trying to sell me more expensive speakers - he is probably right.

I do have four original JBL speakers. No mounting cases, just the speakers - they were working before so if somebody wants them - you can have them for a very reasonable price plus shipping. Alternatively, can be picked up in Boston, I do get to NYC once in awhile and can bring the speakers with me if needed.

I put Polk DB651 (Polk Audio - db Series - Mobile / Marie Speakers ) in front/rear doors on my LC 04 - they are much better than stock and sell for $100/pair.

Hi Odessit - How are the DB651's working out? I, too, am deciding between the DB's and the MM's for my 06 LC. Did the rear doors require any modification to fit the speakers? Do the factory grills fit over the speakers?

Many thanks!

MM'sare a lot better speaker but have a lower ohm rating. Therefore, they need more power(amp). dB's are a better "direct" replacement.

Thanks for the quick reply, BBQ. I've got the 2006 LC that has the JBL amp. I'll likely replace the amp at some point, but not just yet. Do you think the stock JBL amp is noticeably underpowered for the MM's?

I purchased some MM6501s for the fronts in my 05 landcruiser and they sound good to me. I'm don't have the trained ears of them audiophiles though!!:grinpimp:

Well, I'd he has them off the stock amp and it sounds good then go for it. I'd put the db's in Therese because the rears dont matte as much as far as sound quality goes.

Just to add...I replaced all of my doors with Polk db651s and they sound great on the stock amp. Sure, when you turn it way up, you can tell you need an amp but for 95% of the time, they are a huge upgrade to factory setup. One other thing...You don't have to cut the insides of the OEM speakers out (leaving the original speaker ring). You can just remove the factory speakers from their plastic spacer/holder things, lay the 6.5" Polks over the opening and use the original mounting holes as "posts". Once you are done, you will have your Polk firmly held by 4 screws around the perimeter of the speaker. No screw actually goes through any of the Polk mounting holes. I was worried about them loosening up but after many hard miles I havent had an issue to date.

Sure, when you turn it way up, you can tell you need an amp

Can you explain? I know good sound when I hear it. But, I have no idea what to listen for to tell if I need an amp. Near the beggining of the year I installed these Rockford Fosgate speakers:
Rockford Fosgate® - T2652-S
and
Rockford Fosgate® - T1S652

I cant tell but sometimes it sounds like the tweeters are already blown. But it only when using my Ipod or Droid with the tape adapter.... I know, I know, I need to replace the rest of the factory system. I just havnt gotten there yet. When I was living in San Francisco I didnt drive except for trips due to a great public transport system. Now that I live in San Diego, I have to drive a lot more.... So, working towards it.

What he means is the louder you play it without a decent amp then you will get distortion.
Also, look at the Hybrid Imagines. Hybrid have been winning competitions for the past few years. They are around $230.

What he means is the louder you play it without a decent amp then you will get distortion.
Also, look at the Hybrid Imagines. Hybrid have been winning competitions for the past few years. They are around $230.

What ^ said!

So, my tweeter may not be blown? It is just the crappy stock stereo and amp? Is there an easy way to tell (with out replacing the factory system)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom