Front door speaker replacement/bluetooth mod. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations to replace original OEM front door speakers, I still have the OEM JBL head unit, not looking for high end speakers, just something decent and reliable.
Also, does anyone have suggestion for Apple Car play mod. or get the OEM system to play via Bluetooth? I've tried many of those that uses FM station types while plugged into cigarette lighter, the sound is not good, if you can even find a fairly clear station that's compatible to begin with.

Looking for recommendations to replace original OEM front door speakers, I still have the OEM JBL head unit, not looking for high end speakers, just something decent and reliable.
Also, does anyone have suggestion for Apple Car play mod. or get the OEM system to play via Bluetooth? I've tried many of those that uses FM station types while plugged into cigarette lighter, the sound is not good, if you can even find a fairly clear station that's compatible to begin with.
Speaker size is standard 6.5" speaker. Some modification needed if you replace tweeter in door as well. Otherwise, replace to your hearts content. Go with Crutchfield as they offer adapters as part of the package for the speakers to connect to the stock harness (metra also makes connectors) for "free".

For bluetooth look for the threads about the GROM adapter. For factory NAV that is the ONLY way to get any sort of modern phone connection from what I understand.

You need to look at the Nav Delete threads in the How-To sticky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom