Front Door Loose Pocket Fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Both of the pockets at the bottom of the front doors are loose. It looks like the screw holes in the pockets have stripped out and they flop around. Does anyone have a good fix for this?

If it’s the door card side that’s wallowed out you can put a washer on the screw to give it something to hold against. If it’s the pocket side you can use a larger diameter screw.

If it’s the door card side that’s wallowed out you can put a washer on the screw to give it something to hold against. If it’s the pocket side you can use a larger diameter screw.

Have seen the screw holes in the pocket cracked, broken, repaired with epoxy like JB weld.

I repaired mine with epoxy in the ones that the plastic was cracked, added a flat washer to each one that was pulled through, and used longer screws on the ones that were missing screws or could tolerate longer screws.

So the answer is: "D" All of the above.

Took me about 30 minutes per door and my pockets were hanging. I was using packing tape to hold them on for the longest time.

I repaired mine with epoxy in the ones that the plastic was cracked, added a flat washer to each one that was pulled through, and used longer screws on the ones that were missing screws or could tolerate longer screws.

So the answer is: "D" All of the above.

Took me about 30 minutes per door and my pockets were hanging. I was using packing tape to hold them on for the longest time.
That was my thought with epoxy and a larger screw! Going to give it a shot and see what happens!

Thanks!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom